Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Why are all the trains and flight booked out??

Posted by Isobel_123 on 11/2/2009 at 12:29

Hello,

I fly in Friday 20th at 9.40 into BKK and want to get over to Ko Samui asap.. but the problem is, all the flights over there and the train to surat thani are booked out.. is there an event out that I dont know about? I ddint think it would be that busy this time of year..

#1 Isobel_123 has been a member since 4/12/2008. Posts: 22

Posted by Isobel_123 on 11/2/2009 at 12:29

thats 9.40 at night.. sorry

#2 Isobel_123 has been a member since 4/12/2008. Posts: 22

Posted by chocolatemonkee on 12/2/2009 at 09:58

Just a regular day in Thailand. I was able to pull up flights for the next day.

#3 chocolatemonkee has been a member since 11/12/2008. Location: Canada. Posts: 11

Posted by exacto on 12/2/2009 at 11:18

Hi Isobel,

If you are arriving that late at night, it will be too late for both the overnight sleeper trains and the flights to Samui for that day. However, just like monkee said, there are direct flights available to Samui on the 21st with Bangkok Airways for as little as 2200 baht, if you are willing to get up a little early.

If that is a bit more than you wanted to spend, Air Asia has a flight to Surat at a very reasonable 1200 baht + tax. Once you arrive, you can book a combo bus/ferry ticket at the Surat airport and be on the island by early afternoon.

I think if you get back online you should be able to book your flight straightaway. Then just get a room near the airport for an quick overnight stay in Bangers and you are on your way. Cheers.

#4 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,606
 Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.