Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Why are all the trains and flight booked out??

• Isobel_123

Joined Travelfish
    4th December, 2008

Hello,

I fly in Friday 20th at 9.40 into BKK and want to get over to Ko Samui asap.. but the problem is, all the flights over there and the train to surat thani are booked out.. is there an event out that I dont know about? I ddint think it would be that busy this time of year..

#1 Posted: 11/2/2009 - 12:29

• Advertisement

• Isobel_123

Joined Travelfish
    4th December, 2008

thats 9.40 at night.. sorry

#2 Posted: 11/2/2009 - 12:29

• chocolatemo-
    nkee

Joined Travelfish
    11th December, 2008
    Location Canada

Just a regular day in Thailand. I was able to pull up flights for the next day.

#3 Posted: 12/2/2009 - 09:58

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Hi Isobel,

If you are arriving that late at night, it will be too late for both the overnight sleeper trains and the flights to Samui for that day. However, just like monkee said, there are direct flights available to Samui on the 21st with Bangkok Airways for as little as 2200 baht, if you are willing to get up a little early.

If that is a bit more than you wanted to spend, Air Asia has a flight to Surat at a very reasonable 1200 baht + tax. Once you arrive, you can book a combo bus/ferry ticket at the Surat airport and be on the island by early afternoon.

I think if you get back online you should be able to book your flight straightaway. Then just get a room near the airport for an quick overnight stay in Bangers and you are on your way. Cheers.

#4 Posted: 12/2/2009 - 11:18

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
anyone entered thailand witout an exit flight already booked? ... By peppermintpaddy on 13 Nov 2008 10 3180 15 Nov 2008