Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Accomodation - Phuket,Krabi,Phi Phi,Koh Lanta!

• charlotte12-

Joined Travelfish
    11th February, 2009

Anyone stayed in some great places on any of these islands?? Any recomendations would be greatly appreciated?? Young backpacker, nothing to expensive but nothing to crap either. Best places iv stayed are ones recommended by other travellers, fed up of trawling the net for places :(
    HELP!!

#1 Posted: 12/2/2009 - 13:15

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Have you looked at the relevant listings on Travelfish?

#2 Posted: 12/2/2009 - 14:50

• jafatravel

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2008

On Phi Phi, I quite liked Long Beach bungalows on Long Beach. Its about 600 baht a night. Very basic. Bed, mosquito net, fan and toilet/shower. Its the cheapest accommodation on Long Beach but you are right near a terrific beach.

Although, you are away from town where the main backpacker hub is. But it is only a short longtail boat ride away. I chose to stay away to crash on the beach during the day and then head into town in the evenings. Up to you which way you do it.

#3 Posted: 12/2/2009 - 16:44

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

I'm also a Long Beach fan. I reckon it's the nicest beach within easy access of town. Best lower cost bungalows are at Phi Phi Hill. Long Beach Bungalows always has some cheaper oldies.
    Ao Poh is a nice beach another 10 minutes past Long Beach. The bungalow place here is nice, but no bargain in high season. The longtail drivers from town tend to charge proportionately way more to go the short distance further.
    A backpackers' favourite on the laid back east coast is Toh Koh Bungalows. I've got a report and pix below, but see TRAVELFISH'S user reports - some recent ones have not been as complementary. This place is quite isolated from town but has a good travellers' vibe in high season.
    In town, a cheapy I aim to stay at next trip is Rock Climbing Bungalows up the far western end of Ton Sai - new place surrounded by a few similar ones on an unexpectedly good section of beach.
    TRAVELFISH'S $3 PHI PHI report is even better than the free stuff - it mentions some cheapies up the hill on the east of town as nicest/best value - I've got to try one of these next trip too.

#4 Posted: 12/2/2009 - 19:04

• charlotte12-

Joined Travelfish
    11th February, 2009

Great thanks guys, i went to Phi Phi last year and stayed in the town which suited me fine but looking for a beach this time! Long Beach sounds perfect :)

#5 Posted: 13/2/2009 - 06:00

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
phi phi & lanta & phuket & krabi ... By themudblood on 5 Dec 2007 4 2558 25 Jan 2008
itinerary & accomodation help: bangkok-krabi-phuket-KL-bangkok ... By nazerah99 on 9 Nov 2006 4 3047 10 Nov 2006
Accomodation in Koh Lanta with a family of five. ... By acorns11 on 23 Jan 2011 1 1505 24 Jan 2011
Koh Lanta to Krabi ... By salbruce on 15 Sep 2006 4 2110 16 Sep 2006
Ko Lanta or Krabi ... By westcoastmimi on 2 Nov 2009 10 4498 3 Nov 2009