Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Bangkok Accommodation Sukhumvit

Posted by heke on 21/2/2009 at 17:04

Will be visiting Bangkok April 09 and was wondering if anyone can recommend or otherwise the Swan Inn on Sukhumvit Soi 4 or the Thai House Inn just off Sukhumvit Road on Soi 7. I am looking for accommodation around the 700-1000 baht range.

#1 heke has been a member since 30/3/2008. Posts: 3

Posted by KevinCorr on 22/2/2009 at 11:54

If you read thorntree forum of LP, you know I am completely baffled as to why anyone would choose to stay near Nana skytrain stop. The worst of Bangkok. I recommend the old city or the skytrain line from the river to National Stadium (Siam Sq) if you prefer to be near the BTS/MRT.

I won't go into all that here as I have said much on TT.

I have been staying at the Honey Hotel, Suk soi 19, near Asoke skytrain/subway stops. Sound like a contradiction but I stay on Suk only because our house is near there. The Honey has rooms for 800, 900, 1000 and 1350. We prefer the 800 bht rooms (incl 1 breakfast)in the parking garage because it is cool like a celler and the marble/granite floors hold the cool temp. The only advantage of the more expensive rooms is the fridge. With 7/11 next door it isn't necessary. The big advantage of the Honey is the swimming pool open to 10:30pm. I hate when hotels close the pool at 6pm as many do.

#2 KevinCorr has been a member since 15/6/2004. Posts: 54

Posted by Thaiman on 24/2/2009 at 02:08

Agree with Kevin on the Honey Hotel.Always used to stay there but haven't for a while simply because we've got a flat in Bangkok now.Staff always friendly,good coffee shop,the pool and pretty well priced.Whenever I'm in Bangkok always go there for a BLT sandwich.

#3 Thaiman has been a member since 12/11/2008. Posts: 201

Posted by dawntlc on 25/2/2009 at 01:28

Hello! I have read the posted messages and i am going to Bangkok and Kanchanabury on March 3 to 7.. I am searching on the net where budget hotel/hostel to stay in Bangkok. I have a short list made can you help me decide which one to choose: Suk 11, HI- sukhumvit, Sawasdee sukumvhit inn,Bangkok centre sukhumvit 25, pinnacle sukhumvit..wendys house, PHongs apartment.. i want one near the train station and near the shopping malls like MBK.. or if you have other suggestion please let me know..

#4 dawntlc has been a member since 25/2/2009. Posts: 17

Posted by KevinCorr on 27/2/2009 at 11:15

Well to continue my theme, Wendy is the only one you name (I think, that falls into the areas
that I recommend. Take a look at the travelfish page on Soi Kasem San 1. That is great for the skytrain because it is near both skytrain lines. If you stay on Suk, you have to transfer at Siam Square to get to the river and most sightseeing. It is right near Jim Thompson's house. It has the bonus of being on the canal where you get fast cheap boats and avoid traffic.

#5 KevinCorr has been a member since 15/6/2004. Posts: 54

Posted by dawntlc on 27/2/2009 at 16:59

Hi Kevin!
Just clarification on your message.. you are saying Wendy is in the place you recommend, right? YOu advice i look on travelfish page on SOi Kasem San 1.. how? do you mean i look there to find more hotel on that place? and also if i stay on SuK, (does Suk mean Sukhumvit) not good because i still need to transfer at Siam wherein if i stay in Siam square expenses will be lessen on transportation.. correct me if my understanding is wrong..please..

#6 dawntlc has been a member since 25/2/2009. Posts: 17

Posted by somtam2000 on 28/2/2009 at 09:19 admin

Travelfish on Soi Kasem San 1 is here

Cost of expenses travelling up and down Sukhumvit are nominal.

#7 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,504
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.