Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Bangkok Accommodation Sukhumvit

• heke

Joined Travelfish
    30th March, 2008

Will be visiting Bangkok April 09 and was wondering if anyone can recommend or otherwise the Swan Inn on Sukhumvit Soi 4 or the Thai House Inn just off Sukhumvit Road on Soi 7. I am looking for accommodation around the 700-1000 baht range.

#1 Posted: 21/2/2009 - 17:04

• Advertisement

• KevinCorr

Joined Travelfish
    15th June, 2004
    Total reviews: 39

If you read thorntree forum of LP, you know I am completely baffled as to why anyone would choose to stay near Nana skytrain stop. The worst of Bangkok. I recommend the old city or the skytrain line from the river to National Stadium (Siam Sq) if you prefer to be near the BTS/MRT.

I won't go into all that here as I have said much on TT.

I have been staying at the Honey Hotel, Suk soi 19, near Asoke skytrain/subway stops. Sound like a contradiction but I stay on Suk only because our house is near there. The Honey has rooms for 800, 900, 1000 and 1350. We prefer the 800 bht rooms (incl 1 breakfast)in the parking garage because it is cool like a celler and the marble/granite floors hold the cool temp. The only advantage of the more expensive rooms is the fridge. With 7/11 next door it isn't necessary. The big advantage of the Honey is the swimming pool open to 10:30pm. I hate when hotels close the pool at 6pm as many do.

#2 Posted: 22/2/2009 - 11:54

• Thaiman

Click here to learn more about Thaiman
    Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2008

Agree with Kevin on the Honey Hotel.Always used to stay there but haven't for a while simply because we've got a flat in Bangkok now.Staff always friendly,good coffee shop,the pool and pretty well priced.Whenever I'm in Bangkok always go there for a BLT sandwich.

#3 Posted: 24/2/2009 - 02:08

• dawntlc

Joined Travelfish
    25th February, 2009

Hello! I have read the posted messages and i am going to Bangkok and Kanchanabury on March 3 to 7.. I am searching on the net where budget hotel/hostel to stay in Bangkok. I have a short list made can you help me decide which one to choose: Suk 11, HI- sukhumvit, Sawasdee sukumvhit inn,Bangkok centre sukhumvit 25, pinnacle sukhumvit..wendys house, PHongs apartment.. i want one near the train station and near the shopping malls like MBK.. or if you have other suggestion please let me know..

#4 Posted: 25/2/2009 - 01:28

• KevinCorr

Joined Travelfish
    15th June, 2004
    Total reviews: 39

Well to continue my theme, Wendy is the only one you name (I think, that falls into the areas
    that I recommend. Take a look at the travelfish page on Soi Kasem San 1. That is great for the skytrain because it is near both skytrain lines. If you stay on Suk, you have to transfer at Siam Square to get to the river and most sightseeing. It is right near Jim Thompson's house. It has the bonus of being on the canal where you get fast cheap boats and avoid traffic.

#5 Posted: 27/2/2009 - 11:15

• dawntlc

Joined Travelfish
    25th February, 2009

Hi Kevin!
    Just clarification on your message.. you are saying Wendy is in the place you recommend, right? YOu advice i look on travelfish page on SOi Kasem San 1.. how? do you mean i look there to find more hotel on that place? and also if i stay on SuK, (does Suk mean Sukhumvit) not good because i still need to transfer at Siam wherein if i stay in Siam square expenses will be lessen on transportation.. correct me if my understanding is wrong..please..

#6 Posted: 27/2/2009 - 16:59

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Travelfish on Soi Kasem San 1 is here

Cost of expenses travelling up and down Sukhumvit are nominal.

#7 Posted: 28/2/2009 - 09:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Sukhumvit - Bangkok hotel? ... By time2fly on 16 Mar 2012 31 1670 26 Mar 2012
Bangkok hotels-Sukhumvit ... By ajetj on 12 Jun 2007 1 1444 13 Jun 2007
Great new guesthouse on Sukhumvit Rd, Bangkok ... By somtam2000 on 20 Jun 2006 0 1891 20 Jun 2006