Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

bus from Trang to Krabi

• knot01

Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2009

Hi
    We will be taking night train from Bangkok to Trang , then looking for a bus to Krabi .
    Is there a regular bus going? How often and $$$??
    We will be in Trang in the morning - 6-7am.
    Another question, is i better to get off the train for Krabi in Surat Thani or Trang?
    Advises warm welcome!!!

#1 Posted: 22/2/2009 - 05:07

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

In November I did the reverse trip - Krabi to Trang . I just missed one bus and had to wait only half an hour for the next - this was mid afternoon, but I think the frequency is abt the same from around 7am both ways. The cost was 95baht and the trip took 2.5 hours. The bus was an aircon all-stopper - express buses will cost more, be quicker.

Trang bus station is about 2-3 km from the railway station.
    A small point - KK Travel across from the railway station runs minibuses to Krabi leaving at quite frequent intervals - I reckon it might be worth checking if you want a non stop trip. It costs more (I'm guessing 200+ - haven't done it in a while) but it has the advantage of going from downtown Trang to downtown Krabi - Krabi bus station is around 4 km from downtown. The minibus may even drop passengers at the new pier abt 2km from downtown Krabi for places like Phi Phi or Lanta (although from Trang there are minibuses from KK directly onto Lanta via the vehicle punts).

I think distance wise, Surathani - Krabi is much the same. BUT you will be getting off the train awful early and I doubt the regular buses and minivans will be running at that time. Surathani station is some distance out of town. I reckon I might stay on the train and catch some extra zzzzzzzzzzzzzzs.
    (Actually Bangkok-Krabi I'd always take the direct overnight bus - but sleeping aint so easy here).

#2 Posted: 22/2/2009 - 07:49

• knot01

Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2009

thanks Tezza for yor advise, will probably get to Trang and then bus. cheers

#3 Posted: 23/2/2009 - 20:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.