Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Pls help us plan our trip to Bangkok

• marshwind

Joined Travelfish
    22nd February, 2009

Hi everyone, I'm new in the forum but Ive been reading on this site for quite sometime now and I find it very informative and helpful.

Me and my friends just booked a ticket from Manila to BKK on May 29 FRI (ETA BKK 10:45PM) until June 2 MON (ETD BKK 12:30AM). It's just a very short trip because that's all we can stretch from our vacation leaves. It's our first time in Bangkok and we want to maximize our time there and see as much as we can! We want to check out a beach too and I heard about this full moon party.

I hope you can give us a lead to all the must see places in Thailand and make an itinerary for the given period. And also an advise on budget hotels and easy but affordable transpo. around places.

We are looking forward on this trip and I'm full of hope that you can give us some light. Thanks in advance!

#1 Posted: 23/2/2009 - 13:09

• Advertisement

• Thaiman

Click here to learn more about Thaiman
    Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2008

Good day marshwind
    So you're in Thailand for 3 days or so-I'd forget about the full moon party,thats a fair way from Bangkok and you'd lose at least half a day getting there and the same comming back.Even if you fly,getting to the airport,checking baggage etc takes time.For 3 days I'd just stay in Bangkok and go look at the sights there.The nearest beach worth looking at is Pattaya[and that's a matter of opinion]and a good 2-3 hour bus trip each way.Better go see the King's Palace,trip on the river,Wat Arun,night markets etc.Hope this helps

#2 Posted: 24/2/2009 - 15:25

• marshwind

Joined Travelfish
    22nd February, 2009

Thanx a lot, Thaiman!

Do u have any suggestions on budget hotels too?

#3 Posted: 24/2/2009 - 17:53

• Raiveen

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2009

Three days is such a very short time in Thailand. What you can do is to stay somewhere around Kaosan Road or Rambutri road. You might want to walk along Kaosan Road a bit at night. Accommodation there is cheap, you might be able to get 300 baht-room per night. The king's palace is not very far from there, a walking distance. you may want to spend half a day there and then go to Pattaya in the evening for the beach. Your days are gone by now, get on a bus or van to the airport. Next time you need two to three weeks at least in Thailand.

Cheers!

#4 Posted: 24/2/2009 - 19:38

• marshwind

Joined Travelfish
    22nd February, 2009

Noted. Thanks much, Raiveen! Btw, do you have any contact with any accomodation in Kaosan or Rambutri road? I'll appreciate it so much.

More fun in the road!!.

#5 Posted: 24/2/2009 - 19:45

• dawntlc

Joined Travelfish
    25th February, 2009

Hello! I have read the posted messages and i am going to Bangkok and Kanchanabury on March 3 to 7.. I am searching on the net where budget hotel/hostel to stay in Bangkok. I have a short list made can you help me decide which one to choose: Suk 11, HI- sukhumvit, Sawasdee sukumvhit inn,Bangkok centre sukhumvit 25, pinnacle sukhumvit..wendys house, PHongs apartment.. i want one near the train station and near the shopping malls like MBK.. or if you have other suggestion please let me know..

#6 Posted: 25/2/2009 - 01:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.