Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

June/July around Ko Pha Nagn

• rockyrobin

Joined Travelfish
    24th February, 2009

My girlfriend and i might plan to go to Ko Pha Nagn and surrounding areas(maybe Railey Beach and Phi Phi) for a month or two, leaving for there at latest at the start of June. I know its coming into the rainy season but, will the weather still be ok? will it still be sunny and warm? Or can we expect rain all day everyday? I've been before a few years back for three months between February and March and it was beautiful and have always dreamt of returning since!

#1 Posted: 24/2/2009 - 23:21

• Advertisement

• rockyrobin

Joined Travelfish
    24th February, 2009

Sorry meant to say: between February and April!

#2 Posted: 24/2/2009 - 23:23

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi rockyrobin,

Ko Pha Ngan is on one side of the Thai peninsula, Railay and Ko Phi Phi on the other -- they're affected by different weather patterns. SO in June, Ko Pha Ngan will be fine, but Railay and Phi Phi will be seeing quite a bit of rain. Hope that helps.

#3 Posted: 25/2/2009 - 08:13

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Feb to April great time to be visiting on both sides of the peninsula. Usually full on dry season but getting into shoulder meaning lower bungalow prices, less overcrowding in the more popular places. April starts to get a bit wetter as the month progresses but usually still heaps of sun. Wet season kicks in more like late April or into May and doesn't normally start with a bang. April can be pretty HOT - no problems, jump into the sea.

#4 Posted: 25/2/2009 - 17:56

• rockyrobin

Joined Travelfish
    24th February, 2009

Thank you guys!

#5 Posted: 26/2/2009 - 05:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.