Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Weather question

• kansaicanuck

Joined Travelfish
    4th March, 2009

Wondering if anyone has any advice on the weather from April - July.

I can choose to either do SE Asia from Early April to Mid May OR Mid May to Late June.

I need to be in Japan right in the middle of my time off so I have to choose if I go to SE Asia before or after my time in Japan (Mid May). Any thoughts?

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 4/3/2009 - 15:05

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi kansaicanuck,

Thailand weather is detailed here - you'll be basically looking at very hot then wet, or mostly quite wet. Details depend on where in Thailand you have in mind.

#2 Posted: 5/3/2009 - 12:08

• davidjones1-

Joined Travelfish
    13th November, 2008

As usual, Somtam is absolutely correct about what weather to expect in Thailand during the period you mention. I think if you look at when farmers plant and harvest crops, whichever country you visit, you get a good idea of what to expect weatherwise. In Thailand, fields are prepared for planting new crops of rice and other produce in March (weather is hot/sunny/very dry/little humidity) after the Thai New Year (Songkran, mid April) crops are sown and seeds readily germinate as there is a mix of sunshine and high humidity with more frequent rainfall.

This should not put you off visiting Thailand in May. You would get several hours of sunshine each day in most provinces but be prepared for rain showers. The rain, however, is warm and usually a welcome relief from the build up of it. Find a few good places to chill out and you won't even notice it's a tad wet.

#3 Posted: 6/3/2009 - 19:59

• kansaicanuck

Joined Travelfish
    4th March, 2009

Hey guys, Thanks for the info. Yeah, basically I have decided to do Thailand, Cambodia, Laos ect in May - June. Seems like I will have more time to travel around there after all. Actually, I am coming from Vancouver, and I just lived through the winter rainy season here where it rains a lot so the warm rain might be a welcome relief!

I had been worried that April might be too hot, dry and as I have heard dusty ect in some places.

Basically I am looking for some nice beaches, around Thailand to check out and relax. In addition I am planning to go to Ankor in Cambodia. Any ideas on when I should plan that part? As I said Mid May - Late June are wide open and I plan to just go with the flow. Cheers!

#4 Posted: 7/3/2009 - 05:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.