Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand VISA FEE Waiver Program and re-rentry extensions

• Kostichka

Joined Travelfish
    26th February, 2009

Hi,
    I just got a 60 day tourist visa free of charge at a Thai consulate (outside) Thailand but valid only for single entry. I am a national of one of the countries that can get 14day visa upon arrival. The consul told me that I can get re-entry stamps (for a fee of course) in immigration offices. I will need two more entries (total of 3).

I would like to know how long does the procedure take? Are there any restrictions on number on re-entries? Can I get multiple re-entry stamps simultaneously in one visit?

Thank you
    k

#1 Posted: 12/3/2009 - 03:33

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Kostichka,

I didn't realise you could get a re-entry stamp on a tourist visa -- the cost of a single re-entry permit is 1,900B from memory (at least that's what it was for non-immigrant visas last time I checked) I'm not sure what a multiple re-entry permit costs (it will be more!) though again, I'm not sure you can get that for a tourist visa.

That said, if you're eligible for a 14 day visa on arrival, it may work out better to mix and match with visa on arrival and your single entry tourist visa to get enough mileage out them to cover your full 30-day stay.

There's no limit on re-entries -- basically you either get a single re-rntry permit, or a multiple -- the multiple is good for endless re-entries within your visa period.

#2 Posted: 13/3/2009 - 07:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thai visa waiver+travel to Cambodia ... By stusie94 on 6 Jun 2013 3 1355 6 Jun 2013
Thai visa waiver+travel to Cambodia ... By stusie94 on 6 Jun 2013 0 1108 6 Jun 2013
Thai multiple entry visa or visa waiver + single entry visa? ... By zesti on 6 Jul 2014 1 213 7 Jul 2014
Visa extensions in Bali or the Gili Islands ... By bizzungax on 19 Nov 2011 6 3907 22 Nov 2011
Longer visa exemption extensions begin August 29, 2014 ... By Captain_Bob on 20 Jul 2014 0 150 20 Jul 2014