Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

cheapest islands at the moment?

• liam123

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2009

hi im going to be in thailand next week and looking for the cheapest island to stay at in terms of accomodation? dont want nowhere to hectic was thinking maybe ko lanta? any names of any cheap guesthouses and what island would be a big help :-)

#1 Posted: 13/3/2009 - 12:03

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

The cheapest island I stayed at last trip (Nov/early Dec) was Ko Sukorn/Siboya Bungalows. Very incexpensive access too and food pretty good prices.
    The cheapest restaurants were actually at the National Park restuarants on Taruatao and Adang - and if you had someone to share a longhouse room (400) or you could hack a NP tent, accommodation would be cheap too.
    Got reports of all these places in the link below.
    The cheapest bungalow I stayed in trip before last (early Feb last year) was Khao Kwai Hill on Phayam at 200b. Inexpensive restaurant too.
    Both Siboya and Khao Kwai bugnalows had attached bathrooms.

#2 Posted: 13/3/2009 - 17:57

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Jeez, forgot to mention my Siboya bungalow was 250.

Oh yeah, Lanta Palm Beach on nice Long Beach at Lanta had a few old-style bungalows for 300.
    And I paid 300 for a nice attached bathroom bungalow at Luboa Hut on Ko Jum.

#3 Posted: 13/3/2009 - 18:03

• donny

Joined Travelfish
    14th March, 2009

i would say ko samed is the cheapest so far

#4 Posted: 14/3/2009 - 12:42

• donnavan

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2009

I'm currently on ko lanta and you can get super cheap accommodation on the beach at why not which also has a brilliant bar with a live band every night. There's quite slot of places to stay round here though and its pretty quiet so I reckon you could bargain a good price for a good room. Also went on a snorkelling trip yesterday with scuba-fish from the resort next door (baan lanta) which was amazing with delicious lunch, free fruit juice, iced coffee and water all trip etc, lovely staff who told us loads of info on what we saw snorkelling and what to look out for, and great weather. There's some cheap places to eat really nearby too. Lanta's really beautiful, definitely recommend it!

#5 Posted: 21/3/2009 - 13:01

• johnny

Joined Travelfish
    22nd March, 2009

Koh Tao is one of the most expensive islands, however, if you look around you can still find a small bungalow for 300 baht a night, but it's really small, and has a shared bathroom. Or you can pay 100 baht more a night and get something decent =)

#6 Posted: 22/3/2009 - 23:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Are there any dry islands at the moment? ... By rocketgirl on 12 Nov 2007 0 973 12 Nov 2007