Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

PING PONG SHOW?

• paulshuttle

Joined Travelfish
    24th December, 2008

Anyone been to a ping pong show in Bangkok? Any advice?

#1 Posted: 21/3/2009 - 23:12

• Advertisement

• barrylad66

Joined Travelfish
    9th March, 2008

take a 'bat or duck'!!!!

#2 Posted: 22/3/2009 - 00:53

• paulshuttle

Joined Travelfish
    24th December, 2008

That sounds like a plan!!!

Where did you go? How did you find it??

#3 Posted: 22/3/2009 - 17:47

• scotty29

Joined Travelfish
    15th February, 2009

lol hey im going to thailand and would like to see the ping pong show aswell! hey when in rome

#4 Posted: 22/3/2009 - 23:03

• janda

Joined Travelfish
    25th March, 2009

I went a ping pong show and thought it was horrible. It was like some kind of circus show. The girls all looked bored out of their minds.

NOTE: NOT SEXY AT ALL

If you walk along patpong market in the evenings you will have about 1000 touts over to you about them.

#5 Posted: 25/3/2009 - 15:06

• dageshi

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2008

Yeah I did the whole get to the end of Khao San Rd go with a tuktuk to a Sex Show because it's your last night in Bangkok "thing" and because I was with a gay friend who wanted to go so I didn't feel grubby. You can put your mind at ease in as much as it's in no way erotic, it's mainly a group of bored Thai girls going on stage, doing what they've done eight hundred times before and then using every trick in the book to try and get a tip from you. I do however have one interesting story from it which was probably worth actually going, my friend went to the toilet and one of the girls decided it was my turn on stage, I ended up on the middle of the stage while she shot erm a small dart at a balloon which was strategically placed between my knees. She hit it first time much to my relief. I'll leave it up to your imagination how precisely she fired that dart....

Personally I wouldn't go back to one, I personally think Soi Cowboy or Nana is far more interesting, there are some quite interesting shows that go on in the gogo bars that are far more erotic than you'll see in one of the tourist shows which mainly just seem to be "jesus I can't believe it's possible to do that" type thing. Personal favourite was a girl who oiled herself down and then proceeded to drip hot candle wax down her body for a few minutes, that was strangely more impressive and artistic than anything I'd seen at the show and I was genuinely impressed.

#6 Posted: 27/3/2009 - 11:30

• brucemoon

Click here to learn more about brucemoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

dageshi

I've retired, and I love travelling with my wife.

But, I loved reading your 'post'. It brought back to me all the 'amazing' antics I witnessed some 40 years ago in BKK & HK.

I wonder what round eyed feminists would say.

cheers

#7 Posted: 27/3/2009 - 17:34

• dageshi

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2008

thanks brucemoon, I am considering a brief trip to pattaya since everyone tells me I shouldn't and I'm a contrarian by nature, plus I heard there was an entire gogo bar dedicated to thai girls in air stewardess costumes. I'm sorry but what man in is right mind can resist girls in air stewardess costumes???? anyway must head to bed, had too much to drink and I'm off to see angkor wat tomorrow.

#8 Posted: 27/3/2009 - 22:03

• brucemoon

Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia

dageshi

If looking at the 'untouchables' and fantasising about what might be turns you on...

Pattaya, yuk!

I'd prefer the royal treatment & go to Hua Hin.

If you're at Siem Reap make sure you put a few days in there. One gets 'templed out' easily, so try other options such as Tonle Sap, etc., in between.

cheers

#9 Posted: 28/3/2009 - 08:46

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

dageshi,

i've really enjoyed reading your posts. definitely agree that Nana or Soi Cowboy is more fun, less hassle, less money, etc. the last time i was living in Bangkok my friends and i knew of a few rather creative and artistic shows on Soi Cowboy that we'd go to on from time to time. absolutely avoided the more graphic shows because, as everyone seems to agree here, they weren't fun or sexy at all.

if you do wind up going to Pattaya, i'd love to at least learn the name of the air stewardess pub you mentioned. sounds like fun. cheers.

#10 Posted: 28/3/2009 - 09:05

• Advertisement

• ChangFai

Click here to learn more about ChangFai
    Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2007
    Location Thailand

Yep that 5 letter word makes Hua Hin soooo much more ....... nicer !

#11 Posted: 28/3/2009 - 09:06

• Thaiman

Click here to learn more about Thaiman
    Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2008

I'm the same,much prefer Soi Cowboy or Nana although I haven't been to Patpong for years.When I used to frequent them in the single days Patpong always seemed to have more hustle than the other two.Cowboy and Nana were much more laid back.Whenever I go to Bangkok still have a visit to Cowboy and Nana but only to drink Beer Singh and always leave around 8'o' clock before the tourists arrive.Ah memories.

#12 Posted: 28/3/2009 - 09:27

• dageshi

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2008

My friend described Pattaya as the closest thing on earth to the bar scene in the first episode of star wars, I'm sorry I have to see that at some point. And like I said air stewardess costumes!

At any rate off to Angkor this evening then a 3 day sojourn around the place.

I'm currently attempting to decide whether to take doxy or not, bearing in mind I sunburn at the drop of a hat (no literally if I drop my hat...) knowing my luck I'd burn myself first day and have to hide hermit like for days in my room for the remainder of the ticket.

Think I will avoid the doxy since I've managed without it so far and not got malaria and obviously being 27 I'm invulnerable anyway...

Wear jeans and trainers, deet up on the arms and neck, should do the trick.

;)

#13 Posted: 28/3/2009 - 10:14

• brucemoon

Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia

dageshi

Or, should I call you 'Pattaya Kid'?

Forget doxy - so uncool. DEET much better.

As everyone does their 'own thing' in life, what I'm about to write is for info...

I found that 'doing' the temples according to time erected allowed me to understand more of what the temples were about. Instead of just being another pile of rocks (which they are), I could understand the 'developments' in the Khmer building techniques.

A bit like looking at older & modern buildings.

Also, few get to see Beng Mealea as its way away (40 k). But, after the 'main 4 star temples' its really worth the trip.

cheers

#14 Posted: 28/3/2009 - 10:31

• dageshi

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2008

Thanks Bruce, I think what I will likely do is take three days to do the main groups and then take a few days off to Tonle Sap e.t.c then may get another pass to have a look at some more out of the way places. I figure I will be templed out after three days.

#15 Posted: 28/3/2009 - 11:21

• brucemoon

Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia

Pattaya Kid

How much do the tuk-tuk's now wanting for a whole day commitment?

I bet there's bargains to be had.

cheers

#16 Posted: 28/3/2009 - 12:15

• dageshi

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2008

bout 10 dollars a day, I'm going after 5 tonight and he's giving me half day rate on that. and yes apparently he hasn't had a customer "in a week" speaks good english and spent 15 minutes discussing with an associate the best route for day three.

Seems like a good bloke and total price of $35 for three and half days seemed reasonable to me. Everyone else was angling for $15 per day.

#17 Posted: 28/3/2009 - 13:45

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

LOL BARRYLAD - great minds think alike!
    I published a humorous thread under another handle on another site on Friday. Part of it went:

PATPONG BOUNCERS GOT NO SENSE OF HUMOUR.
    The gem store threw in a free drink coupon at Sure-Shot Sally’s in Patpong.
    Cowabunga dudes!! Some Thai entertainment is downright dangerous! There were more ballistic objects flying around that room than when Corporal Christy accidently lobbed a mortar into the Yank ammo dump at Inchon in ’52 (OOPS).
    As usual there was a drunk loud-mouth - some big Russian guy. Which made him the target for about 5000 ping pong balls. He ended up with more bruises than a one legged ballerina. The big sissy went up the back and hid behind this huge bouncer. Made little difference - one sweet young lass could bend them like Beckham.
    While this is going on I’m sipping my free Singha and sitting next to this little Japanese guy - he’s the inscrutable type, real impassive, not saying boo in all the excitement. Then I notice this sweetheart setting up trajectory for a shot in our direction (which is a pretty awesome visual). And when she fires, this little guy leaps up with a table tennis bat!! And Hai!!! - smashes the shot back!
    Talk about hilarious - I haven’t laughed so much since … well Inchon in ’52. But the bouncers didn’t share the joke. They chucked the little Jappy out. Along with me! And I hadn’t even finished my free beer! Maybe I shouldn’t have borrowed the bat for the next incoming.
    --------------------------
    Honest to God, I hadn't seen your above post. I have been neglecting TRAVELFISH for a while.
    I first got the idea about THE BAT around 3-4 years back when I put a daily TEZZA'S TRAVELLING TIPS FOR THAILAND "joke" on that other forum.
    It went:

* It is maybe not such a good idea to take a ping pong bat into a Patpong sex show. Sure the audience will get a hoot when you leap up and return a serve, but trust me, the bouncers think it is way less funny.

#18 Posted: 30/3/2009 - 17:02

• adamitinera-
    nt

Joined Travelfish
    31st March, 2009

I once went to an awesome sex show in London called smut-fest, all the artists and performers were radical, social activists and empowered and enthusiastic performers. My favourite was a girl sitting on a step ladder and a bloke underneath in a dirty mac, with an umbrella and singing "Singing in the Rain". You can imagine the detail.
    These Thai shows, by contrast, are mostly disempowered women from outside BKK, numbed to the fact (hopefully) their working environment is horrible. Every sniggering, bashful backpacker makes that environment worse and every high-paying, tipping customer makes it a little bit better, as does the inspiring camerarderie they develop and enjoy. Go (once) if you have to. I did. Remember that's a person, not just a pussy, on stage and share your good fortunes with the performers as generously as you can.

#19 Posted: 31/3/2009 - 21:18

• KRStamm

Joined Travelfish
    10th September, 2007

Well it sure is an experience. Head towards the Hyatt in Bkk after 10 pm and you are in for an adventure! BE CAREFUL!!! Lady-boys, bartenders and big huge Thai men will steal your wallet, and passport then kick your ass 5 different ways. This did not happen to me but you see it go down.

My experience was as a 5-2 little blond girl who stood up for herself in a Chinese owned creepy bar. They told us it would be free then kept upping prices forcing us to buy drinks and then to top it all off handed us a bill for $300 US. I looked around and remembered a Thai man once told me that "Thais hate being rude and cannot stand a women to be vocal!" So that I was... vocal and downright rude. I told them exactly what they said and told them I would finish my whiskey and be on my way paying ONLY for the Whiskey. So I guess I got lucky because some of the farang men were being bullied pretty bad.

As for actually seeing the show... You cant see a thing its not worth the expence and the aggrivation. If you are mildly interested to see a XXX circus it is an entertaining night in the red light district. 75bth tuk-tuk ride to and from Koh San.

Again watch your valuables and DO NOT bring your Passport!

#20 Posted: 9/4/2009 - 03:11

• ellennn

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2009

Be aware of the touts

#21 Posted: 22/4/2009 - 21:46

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

Hey, The ping pong shows are crap. I would rather go watch a gay show on Soi twilight. ;)

#22 Posted: 27/4/2009 - 23:47

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

I am with Janda here. I find nothing about it sexy or sensual. And I am not a social prude whatsoever. But yes, you can find that crap at Patpong easy enough. I recommend giving it a skip.

The "erotic" scene in Thailand I don't find erotic. Now the bar scene - a different story. You can find some remarkably charming and sexy girls there. Just remember, what they find sexy about you is your wallet. When a bar girl tells you she loves you, she really means she loves your ATM card. If you keep that in mind, it can be a lot of fun.

#23 Posted: 7/6/2009 - 15:14

• dageshi

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2008

Since I'm back in Bangkok it was only obvious that at some point I'd end up back at a show.

Picture the scene, on Khao San Rd, jugs of vodka lime soda consumed in the company of four ladies, 2 lesbians and a straight girl. We get to the end of KSR and the topic once again comes up, "can we go to a ping pong show". "Erm sure" I said.

The moto drivers and touts were on it in a flash, we wanted to go to patpong, but it's basically impossible to get the moto drivers to take you to any other place than the one they're going to get a commission from, so we settled on the guy that wanted 30 baht. Knowing full well he'd get his money on commission. We arrived after about a 10 click ride I would guess, jumped out, asked the guy on the front the price. 350 baht, it came back. Got him down to 300 with a free drink. We asked some people coming out, one had paid 1000 baht, another couple had paid 600 each. So lesson for you, if they think your cheapo backpackers they'll start low, think you've got some money they'll say a ridiculous number, it seems to me around 300 baht is the going rate.

Anyway in we go, place is packed, small stage in the middle, thai girls doing their thing. Seen it all before so nothing exciting there....

Until, the two lesbian girls I'm with, started making out, we're sitting on the front row btw infront of the stage. So most of the audience which can now see has decided the two western girls making out was more interesting than the show, the four australian guys on the row next to us watching very intently, we pointed this out politely to our friends but strangely this only seemed to encourage them. I can't imagine why.

Again for reasons of the female mind which are too scary to fathom the straight girl now decides it's time I was seriously kissed and so I we missed a large part of the show.

Other things of interest.

One of our friends got a kiss from one of the female performers who I think was bi or lesbian herself, while the other girl got a somewhat snide comment from a female member of staff about which toilet she should be using, male or female. That could have been because they were detracting from the show, who knows...

Finally I'd mention that the thai girls performing in this show were much more fun and pleasant than the other I saw, none of them asked for tips which the previous show they did, also most of them smiled, which is always nice.

So I think it rather depends on the company you keep when visiting the shows as to how much fun your going to have, certainly I had a fantastic night...

#24 Posted: 7/6/2009 - 19:30

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

I try not to keep company with Western women... I gave up on them last decade.

#25 Posted: 7/6/2009 - 23:02

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia

dageshi

The story itself is great entertainment.

Just a query, you wrote "...in the company of four ladies, 2 lesbians and a straight girl.

Was the fourth (undescribed girl) your guardian angel?

Curious, now...

Cheers

#26 Posted: 8/6/2009 - 06:05

• dageshi

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2008

Apologies that should have read four of US three girls and me.

#27 Posted: 8/6/2009 - 11:24

• jeanmi75

Joined Travelfish
    25th February, 2013

Hi,
    I went with 2 western girls, few days ago to see Ping Pong Show in Patpong. We select one the deal 100 Baths, the beer, ok. We climb the steep (1st floor, dark place and no really attractive women).

During the "show" some foreigners starting to fighting with the staff but with the noise, impossible to understand what going on.
    And girls (who knew what happened, to avoid you hear something make the balloon explose to make more noise.

After i've understand why. When we dicided to pay, REALLY BAD SURPRISE, They ask us 300 Baths for drinks, and 1200 Baths each for the show, and they never talk about that before.

One guy Thai on the street advice me about sometjing bad with the Ping Pong Show here, but he didn't me straight it was a scam, and i hadn't understand what he talking about.

Just avoid every ping pong show at 100 Baths the beer at the 1st floor of Patpong, i enter in 2 or 3 there before to select one, but now i realised all mamasan inside had sinister looking, and just tried to scam foreigner.

Just take care, i read the other area (cowboy soi...) it's better, try there.

#28 Posted: 25/2/2013 - 11:06

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Why would you bother? You'd have to be sad to want to watch ugly desperate women put ping pong balls in themselves.

#29 Posted: 26/2/2013 - 06:48

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

"You'd have to be sad to want to watch ugly desperate women put ping pong balls in themselves."

Leonard - I think it's like watching a car wreck. You can't turn away.

These weird things take on a life of their own.

#30 Posted: 27/2/2013 - 01:49

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

You can watch much weirder things on the internet if you are into it. Thailand has better things to offer than downmarket dingy object shows.

#31 Posted: 27/2/2013 - 08:16

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

"Thailand has better things to offer than downmarket dingy object shows."

It does. But for some, there's some sort of weird attraction there.

#32 Posted: 27/2/2013 - 08:42

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Come on. It's almost become a right of passage to attend once.
    How do they open the beer bottles. A bit harder than shooting balloons.

#33 Posted: 27/2/2013 - 14:21

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

I suppose if you like watching dancing bears than you'd find these shows appealing to see how low humans can go.

#34 Posted: 27/2/2013 - 16:31

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Dancing bare or dancing bears?
    Many moons ago I had the misfortune of seeing the latter in Chiang Rai. Oh and Leonard don't forget that all time Thai favourite-cock fighting.Girls and ping-pong balls sound pretty tame in comparison.

#35 Posted: 27/2/2013 - 21:01

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Dudes - whatever. To each his own.
    In over two dozen trips to LOS I've never seen a ping pong show. But if someone told me there was one just down the road, I'd be sitting there in the front row. With ping pong bat to smash back the serve.

#36 Posted: 28/2/2013 - 00:18

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

"I suppose if you like watching dancing bears than you'd find these shows appealing to see how low humans can go."

Again, there's no point in placing a value judgement on them. They are what they are. For some people they have a weird attraction. It's a free country. It's not my thing, but I'm not into making value judgements about what weird things people enjoy.

#37 Posted: 28/2/2013 - 22:40

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Madmac
    I've always agreed with you about people being allowed to do their own thing without the sort of supercilious criticism you find but as far as baiting bears and cock fighting goes do you really believe you can't make a value judgement on cruelty?
    BTW.
    I went to one of those ping-pong shows first time I went to Bangkok and, at the time, I was amazed and therefore entertained.

#38 Posted: 28/2/2013 - 22:47

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

"...but as far as baiting bears and cock fighting goes do you really believe you can't make a value judgement on cruelty?"

Well, it's certainly a slippery slope. Some of the same people who would object to cock fighting (and I do) are the people who would object to other behaviors between consenting adults. And they will make convoluted arguements about choice not really being present to get there. Before you know it, all our behavior is regulated. Hence I am reluctant to place much of a perjorative on any of it. But I do admit from my perspective, I object to cruelty to animals.

#39 Posted: 1/3/2013 - 10:01

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

Everyone makes value judgements otherwise you would never make any decisions in life.

#40 Posted: 1/3/2013 - 10:32

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

"Everyone makes value judgements otherwise you would never make any decisions in life."

Value judgements about my life - fine. Me making value judgements about yours, much less fine. This is how we end up with the death penalty being applied to homosexuals and witches, or the banning of beer on a hot summer day, and so forth, and so on.

#41 Posted: 1/3/2013 - 22:13

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

'or the banning of beer on a hot summer day,'
    Now that is Thailand, right? Pissed me off greatly the other day to find the padlock on the fridge. Another Buddha day. Grrr!

#42 Posted: 2/3/2013 - 00:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.