Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Any high-end resorts on Had Sai Kaew, Koh Samed?

• cubedweller

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2008

Anyone have any advice on higher-end resorts on Koh Samed? I've stayed on a more secluded private beach (which was absolutely amazing) but would prefer to stay on the more populated beach (Had Sai Kaew, I believe). I tried the Grand View Resort, and it was nice, but the beds were horrible. I'd prefer a different place if anyone has any suggestions?

Thanks as always!

~E

#1 Posted: 23/3/2009 - 21:00

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

I hate an unanswered thread MOTO.
    Look, I haven't stayed on first beach, but my Feb 08 visit there saw lots of Russian package visitors on that beach - which suggests a reasonable number of midrangers at least. No doubt you have checked TRAVELFISH'S accommodation page on Samet - but I think there is also a recently revised $3 (or whatever) purchasable TRAVELFISH GUIDE TO SAMET which if it is anywhere as good as the recent PHI PHI pay version, will give you all the info you need.

The beach itself I reckon, although busy, is quite nice. And heaps of those tables on the sand with candles at night which I'm a sucker for.
    Having said that, I feel there are much nicer beaches to the south. Someone said the recently completed headland bungalows of a TRAVELFISH favourite, Tubtim on Putsa/Pudsa/Tubtim Beach are real high end. Lovely and quiet beach, but close to more social beaches if you want nigh-life.

#2 Posted: 30/3/2009 - 17:18

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.