Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Any high-end resorts on Had Sai Kaew, Koh Samed?

Posted by cubedweller on 23/3/2009 at 21:00

Anyone have any advice on higher-end resorts on Koh Samed? I've stayed on a more secluded private beach (which was absolutely amazing) but would prefer to stay on the more populated beach (Had Sai Kaew, I believe). I tried the Grand View Resort, and it was nice, but the beds were horrible. I'd prefer a different place if anyone has any suggestions?

Thanks as always!

~E

#1 cubedweller has been a member since 23/2/2008. Posts: 35

Posted by tezza on 30/3/2009 at 17:18

I hate an unanswered thread MOTO.
Look, I haven't stayed on first beach, but my Feb 08 visit there saw lots of Russian package visitors on that beach - which suggests a reasonable number of midrangers at least. No doubt you have checked TRAVELFISH'S accommodation page on Samet - but I think there is also a recently revised $3 (or whatever) purchasable TRAVELFISH GUIDE TO SAMET which if it is anywhere as good as the recent PHI PHI pay version, will give you all the info you need.

The beach itself I reckon, although busy, is quite nice. And heaps of those tables on the sand with candles at night which I'm a sucker for.
Having said that, I feel there are much nicer beaches to the south. Someone said the recently completed headland bungalows of a TRAVELFISH favourite, Tubtim on Putsa/Pudsa/Tubtim Beach are real high end. Lovely and quiet beach, but close to more social beaches if you want nigh-life.

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,338
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.