Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Phanom Rung stone castle

• silviar

Joined Travelfish
    29th March, 2009

anybody knows, if buses from Buriram to Chantaburi + sawngthaews from Ban Ta Ko to Phanom Rung are working in the early morning(between 3-6pm)?
    wana go there friday form Bkk to see the sunrise on the 4th of April...anybody else has the same plan?

#1 Posted: 29/3/2009 - 14:03

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

If you're wanting to get to Phanom Rung that early, you're better off using the small town of Nang Rong as a base -- there's a small hostel there and you'll have no problems getting from Nang Rong to the ruins for a sunrise start.

#2 Posted: 30/3/2009 - 07:16

• silviar

Joined Travelfish
    29th March, 2009

well, I know about it, however I cant get there for the night as I have to wait for my friend who Im going with there. We are able to get to Buriram in the early morning hours at the earliest. Thats the reason for my question....
    I guess its not a good idea to use the local buses or songthaews during the night in thailand generally...or they dont even work during the night?

#3 Posted: 30/3/2009 - 10:31

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Well, you're looking at 1.5-2 hours to get from Buriram to Phanom Rung . The local buses and songtheaws don't run all night, but I'd guess (and I am guessing here!) that you could probably get a bus out of Buriram by 5ish?

If you're meeting your friend in Buriram, then perhaps aim to see Phanom Rung at sunset instead? It's great at both sunrise and sunset!

#4 Posted: 30/3/2009 - 10:47

• jarvis1

Joined Travelfish
    27th July, 2009

Yes, right. If you go to phanomrung. you should stay in Nangrong. It's very close Phanomrung than Buriram. Last week. I went to Phanomrung and Muangtam ruin. It's the most beautiful ruin in thailand. I stayed in Nangrong Hotel. it's located in the center of nangrong. Very clean and convenient. Near night market and 7-11. Umm, I had the website. I got it from the hotel business card. For more information http://www.nangronghotel.com.

#5 Posted: 27/7/2009 - 23:18

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.