Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Phanom Rung stone castle

Posted by silviar on 29/3/2009 at 14:03

anybody knows, if buses from Buriram to Chantaburi + sawngthaews from Ban Ta Ko to Phanom Rung are working in the early morning(between 3-6pm)?
wana go there friday form Bkk to see the sunrise on the 4th of April...anybody else has the same plan?

#1 silviar has been a member since 29/3/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 30/3/2009 at 07:16 admin

If you're wanting to get to Phanom Rung that early, you're better off using the small town of Nang Rong as a base -- there's a small hostel there and you'll have no problems getting from Nang Rong to the ruins for a sunrise start.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,434
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by silviar on 30/3/2009 at 10:31

well, I know about it, however I cant get there for the night as I have to wait for my friend who Im going with there. We are able to get to Buriram in the early morning hours at the earliest. Thats the reason for my question....
I guess its not a good idea to use the local buses or songthaews during the night in thailand generally...or they dont even work during the night?

#3 silviar has been a member since 29/3/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 30/3/2009 at 10:47 admin

Well, you're looking at 1.5-2 hours to get from Buriram to Phanom Rung . The local buses and songtheaws don't run all night, but I'd guess (and I am guessing here!) that you could probably get a bus out of Buriram by 5ish?

If you're meeting your friend in Buriram, then perhaps aim to see Phanom Rung at sunset instead? It's great at both sunrise and sunset!

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,434
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by jarvis1 on 27/7/2009 at 23:18

Yes, right. If you go to phanomrung. you should stay in Nangrong. It's very close Phanomrung than Buriram. Last week. I went to Phanomrung and Muangtam ruin. It's the most beautiful ruin in thailand. I stayed in Nangrong Hotel. it's located in the center of nangrong. Very clean and convenient. Near night market and 7-11. Umm, I had the website. I got it from the hotel business card. For more information http://www.nangronghotel.com.

#5 jarvis1 has been a member since 27/7/2009. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.