Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Honeymoon during rainy August. Please help!! :)

• yuree830

Joined Travelfish
    2nd April, 2009

Hi,
    I'm so very torn as to where to have our honeymoon in Phuket as it's the rainy season. I know there will be sporadic showers and nice days, but we're looking for calm, clear swimming waters..but i heard most of the west beaches have big waves/undercurrents. Any suggestions? How about phiphi island or krabi? Are the beaches there calmer/clearer for swimming/snorkeling?

Thanks!!! any help would be appreciated!!

#1 Posted: 2/4/2009 - 01:44

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I'd be looking at the east coast in August -- Ko Samui Ko Pha Ngan and Ko Tao all have terrific weather in August -- not Phuket.

#2 Posted: 2/4/2009 - 08:20

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Yep, Samui area islands are usually the better bet.
    Krabi and Phi Phi are in the same weather zone as Phuket - BUT - the laid back east coast is on the sheltered side of the island from the prevailing winds so conditions here in wet season are usually quite nice in the frequent sunny spells. Got some pix from a previous August there on 2 pages in the link below. This coast has good snorkelling off the beach too, but is pretty isolated from town if you want to shop or party.
    Both Laem Tong and Loh Bakeo there have some very nice midrange and upmarket accomm. Check TRAVELFISH
    's Phi Phi pages for flashpacker Relax Resort and budget Toh Koh Resort.

#3 Posted: 2/4/2009 - 17:16

• yuree830

Joined Travelfish
    2nd April, 2009

Thank you soo much for the feedback! Very helpful! Someone suggested going to the southern end of Phuket (around rawaii beach) How are the waters over there?
    Samui island...are they as nice as the areas around phuket?

Thanks again!

#4 Posted: 2/4/2009 - 22:31

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
how rainy in July/August for travel? ... By truesd10 on 27 Apr 2009 6 17249 15 Apr 2011
Weather in August: to go, or not to go? Honeymoon question! ... By ssubo on 15 Apr 2006 5 89652 12 Jul 2009