Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Island Hopping in June

Posted by beachfunguy on 21/4/2009 at 12:49

Hello all!

A friend and I will be doing a few week tour of some Thailand islands in June.

We are looking for places with
1. Not too touristy
2. Moderate party scene
3. Some nice isolated and quiet areas to get "away from it all"

I have read through many of the island reviews on this site and others and still can't quite decide. Right now our options are:

1. Ko Tao/Pha Gnan/Samui- but are concerned might be too touristy?

2. Phi Phi/Railay/Ton Sai/Ngai/ Lanta/Rok -but are concerned going in monsoon season and concerned the weather will be an issue, especially with being a hassle travelling between islands.

3. Any other option you wise forum readers may suggest?

Thanks so much for your time!

BeachFunGuy

#1 beachfunguy has been a member since 21/4/2009. Posts: 9

Posted by beachfunguy on 25/4/2009 at 23:57

Hello!

Haven't got a response yet, so thought I would simplify my question.

Are PhiPhi/Railay/Ton Sai/Dgai/Lanta/Rok etc. too rainy too go in June? Will it be too hard to get boats around the place?

Thanks for your help,

BeachFunGuy

#2 beachfunguy has been a member since 21/4/2009. Posts: 9

Posted by SBE on 26/4/2009 at 15:42

No one can predict the weather 100% accurately but the chances are it will be quite rainy on the Andaman coast in June. Ko Rok NP will be closed in June so you won't be able to go there anyway.

Your best bets are Ko Phangan and Ko Tao. Have a look at the travelfish guide for the different beaches on these two islands and chose those that seem to correspond best to you are looking for.

#3 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,002
 Where has SBE been? 

Posted by SBE on 26/4/2009 at 15:50

Sorry typo!

....chose those that seem to correspond best to what you are looking for.

PS When (if ever) are we going to have an edit function on this forum Somtam?

#4 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,002
 Where has SBE been? 

Posted by beachfunguy on 27/4/2009 at 12:33

Great! Thanks for your response! That is sort of what we had been leaning towards after doing additional research...

Seems like there should be enough beaches on each island to get away from the tourist crowd!

Thanks again for your help.

BeachFunGuy

#5 beachfunguy has been a member since 21/4/2009. Posts: 9

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.