Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

anyone stay at Sarikantang Reosrt on Ko Phangan?

• truesd10

Joined Travelfish
    20th April, 2009
    Location United States

Hey guys,
    I just wanted to know if anyone has recently stayed at Sarikantang Resort on Ko Phangan. I want to go to the fullmoon party in August and came across this place. I wanted to know some recent reviews of it or any other recommendations people might have. I want a nicer place for a week since this will be my splurge. So any suggestions are great!

#1 Posted: 23/4/2009 - 08:41

• Advertisement

• kris619

Joined Travelfish
    26th April, 2009

Well dude,
    i am not sure about sarikantang, but i strongly recommened you to choose ur hotel abit farther, i.e. around haad rin nai, which is just 10 min walk to full moon party, and also after you finish partying, u just can come to hotel for a good sleep. the hotel in hard rin Phanganburi resort and spa, its great. Near to fullmoon party but still very peace environment.
    Guess what? they also have promotion in fullmoon party. if you book though their website, they will manage free transfer to resort frm/ to pier and free taxi to full moon. and 2 bootles of beers ..
    Isn't that great. ? i experienced all this on the march fullmoon, so u can go to there website in www.phanganburiresort.net and check the promotion. i think it will help you..
    cheers !!

#2 Posted: 26/4/2009 - 18:39

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Hi truesd10.

I stayed there for a couple of days a year ago and found it really nice. It was my one splurge as well, in terms of accomodation - nice clean rooms, excellent food in the restaurant, and a nice swimming pool. The beach looked OK although I didn't go swimming there (only because I preferred the pool!) I can't recall if others were swimming there or not.

I wasn't there for a fullmoon party so I'm not sure where they are held. The resort is about a 10min walk from town and unless there is a party held on the beach right in front of the hotel I would doubt that you would be affected by noise from a party.

I would definitely go back to Sarikantang Resort - and think it's a great choice if you want something a step up from the usual backpacker places.

#3 Posted: 27/4/2009 - 03:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Ko Phangan: Sarikantang vs Cocohut Village ... By smash on 29 Aug 2009 9 2673 15 Jan 2012