Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ko Samet or Khao Yai National Park in July

Posted by seebrowning on 3/5/2009 at 19:41

Hello,

We're heading out for six weeks in China and SE Asia in June and are stuck on which way to go from Bangkok. We're planning on leaving Bangkok on July 4th and are considering either Ko Samet or Khao Yai Nat'l Park.

Since it will clearly be rainy season, I'm curious whether an island visit is even advisable. More importantly, is Ko Samet just going to be a tourist trap (we're originally from Florida....so if it's like Daytona Beach then no thanks).

After this destination, we're heading to Cambodia (Siem Reap or Battambang) so I'm also leaning towards which ever destination doesn't require us to double back to Bangkok to head on.

Any advice is much appreciated!

#1 seebrowning has been a member since 10/1/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 4/5/2009 at 11:28 admin

I'd go to Ko Samet -- it's fine in July, and while certainly it's developed, it isn't completely over-run.

In either case you'd be able to continue on to the Poipet border crossing for Siem Reap and Cambodia.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,434
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.