Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

koh lanta in May

• jokhm

Joined Travelfish
    2nd February, 2009

Hi everyone

Was hoping to head to Ban Phu Lae or somewhere with some very private feel to it... at the end of May. They say they will be closed though and I'm not sure where else to go that compares and is still open. Also I've planned things around taking the van to and from Krabi. Anyone have any suggestions or information?

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 12/5/2009 - 10:51

• Advertisement

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Jokhm, stayed at Sayang beach resort last march for a week and we really enjoyed it.You can read my review on the place here.Might be what your looking for.Also had no problems getting a van to Krabi organised by the lady running Sayang so easy to do

#2 Posted: 12/5/2009 - 11:47

• mermaidtrav-
    eller

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009

If you're planning a holiday to Ko Lanta in May - you should head down to the south of the island to Kantiang Bay (take a look at http://www.kantiang-bay.com for more info). Much of the rest of the island can feel pretty quiet and a bit closed during May.
    Baan Phu Lay Resort sometimes stays open during May - have you actually contacted the resort directly? Another Resort on the same beach is La Laanta Hideaway Resort which is really lovely and I think they are still open.

Kantiang Bay is just one beach further north than Baan Phu Lay and is a very nice, secluded beach, with a handful of resorts ranging from backpacker Kantiang Bay View Resort, a little more upmarket is Lanta Marine Park View Resort, western standard Baan Laanta Resort and the Phra Nang Lanta Resorts, right up to the 5-star Pimalai Resort.
    The Bay stays fully open all year with a good range of restaurants, bars, resorts, dive centres and shops to choose from.

Transport from Krabi is very easy to arrange - minibuses leave Krabi Town every hour until 5pm and your resort can often arrange the minibus to top to pick you up from the airport and drive you direct to your resort.

#3 Posted: 18/5/2009 - 22:15

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.