Thailand forum

Backpack storage at BKK airport - safe?

• khunger

Joined Travelfish
    30th May, 2009
    Total reviews: 3

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi all,

I'll be reaching Bangkok from Hanoi on Monday morning, and heading South for a week - and then returning to Bangkok for a flight out. I want to leave my big backpack at Suvarnabhumi on my way in, and pick it up a week later for my next flight - has anyone left luggage there for a few days? is it safe and reliable?

Thanks,
    Vineet

#1 Posted: 30/5/2009 - 13:03

• Advertisement

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

I haven't actually left luggage at the airport but I've never had any problems with left luggage anywhere else in Thailand.

I'm pretty sure there will be no problems whatsoever but you can always lock and/or wrap your backpack in polythene for extra security.

#2 Posted: 31/5/2009 - 00:35

• sirhalberd

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2007

I haven't heard anything recently, I just wouldn't leave anything valuable with them. Also, have a bag that you can lock up. The storage at the airport is not that cheap!

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/134

Many years ago I left bags at hotels for free and come back months later (Sukhumvit Crown Hotel, between soi 6 and soi 8) and nothing was disturbed. I did this for years with this hotel until they raised the hotel prices higher than what I wanted to pay for one night coming back to Thailand and one night before leaving for home. That was several years ago now I don't have to anymore.

#3 Posted: 3/6/2009 - 10:28

• Tennouji

Joined Travelfish
    22nd September, 2007
    Location Japan
    Total reviews: 20

I left two locked suitcases for four days 07/09. Everything was fine. I think they refuse to accept certain valuable items, you have to sign a disclaimer. My stuff was mainly clothes, but also some nice presents from Japan.

#4 Posted: 31/8/2010 - 15:45

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

They don't accept any electronics or valuables - see http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/134

NO jewelry, watches, antiques, gold, cash, credit cards, perishable goods, fragile articles, electric appliances, mobile phone, shaver, CD player, MP3 player, portable computer, camera (film or digital) or VDO camera accepted.

Once you take away the prohibited items what's left other than used clothing, books and some souveniers no one would want to steal. Should be ok, just allow time for retrieving your bag before the outbound flight, as there can sometimes be a long queue at the counter.

#5 Posted: 1/9/2010 - 19:15

• domino

Joined Travelfish
    6th January, 2010

Yep they should be pretty safe, just have a small lock on your backpack and don't keep valuable items inside, but even if you do, im sure it will still be there!

#6 Posted: 27/11/2010 - 17:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
luggage storage at the airport? ... By bundanger on 22 May 2008 1 2977 27 May 2008
Bangkok Airport: luggage storage? ... By ajinasia on 22 Mar 2008 3 6192 24 Mar 2008
Ngurah Rai Airport - baggage storage ... By Equineinsight on 29 Nov 2011 3 5037 6 Mar 2012
bangkok international airport storage? ... By translasian on 4 Jul 2006 1 2648 5 Jul 2006
Hualumpong train station Vs. Bangkok Airport for storage? ... By translasian on 21 Aug 2006 0 2526 21 Aug 2006
Any Luggage storage/ lockers in Phnom Pehn Airport or anywhere in PP? ... By maylosada on 10 Jul 2013 0 1434 10 Jul 2013