Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Ko Phangan Advice

• mweldon

Joined Travelfish
    10th May, 2009

Hi,

My wife and I (both 28) will be heading to Ko Phangan mid July for 6 nights. We are looking for a little bit of excitement and adventure, but also some quiet/relaxation, snorkelling, perhaps some mountain trekking, etc. Looking for something mid-range, perhaps with pool, etc.

We will be arriving in Thong Sala late the first night (9 pm). How easy will it be to find transport to nearby beaches at that time? We are thinking perhaps the first 2 nights in Had Yao west, and then make our way to Thong Nai Pan for the remainder. Will transport between the 2 be too much of a hassle? If so, perhaps we should spend the first couple nights somewhere on the south coast, making travel to Thong Nai Pan easier. While isolation will be nice, like I said we also want to be able to do some hiking, so want something somewhat accessible (at least for the first couple days).

Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated!

#1 Posted: 8/6/2009 - 23:55

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

1) How easy will it be to find transport to nearby beaches at that time?

I wouldn't expect a problem. Transport meets all the boats.

2) Will transport between the 2 be too much of a hassle?
    No. Pickup to Thongsala then change for one to Thong Nai Pan.

If so, perhaps we should spend the first couple nights somewhere on the south coast, making travel to Thong Nai Pan easier.

3) Not necessary.

While isolation will be nice, like I said we also want to be able to do some hiking, so want something somewhat accessible (at least for the first couple days).

4) The two beaches you name pretty much fit the bill.

have fun!

#2 Posted: 9/6/2009 - 07:06

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Agree with above. For a nice joint with pool on a quieter beach in the same area as Yao West you might check for Cookies Hat Salat (Haad Salad)

#3 Posted: 9/6/2009 - 13:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.