Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

from BKK international airport to khao san raod by bus

• blenaerts

Joined Travelfish
    5th June, 2009

hi fellow travellers,

I arrive in BKK on June 18 09.10 am.
    I would likte to take the bus to khao san road.

1) where is the busstop at the airport ?
    2 what bus do I need to take (nr?) ?

many thanks and hope to see some of you there

ps: i'm a couchsurfer (couchsurfing.com), so maybe some of you feel the urge to contact me!
    cs name ( BOBTJE )
    greetings,

Bob

#1 Posted: 9/6/2009 - 04:59

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Bob, the airport bus stop is clearly marked at the airport - you can't miss it.

I don't know what you mean by nr?

#2 Posted: 9/6/2009 - 07:13

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

I think he means number. As in bus number.

#3 Posted: 9/6/2009 - 12:13

• gracetandil

Joined Travelfish
    4th December, 2008

I have the same question.
    What number? I mean, what´s the number of the bus to go from the airport to that famous (or unfamous!!!!) street?
    Or is there another way?
    Train?
    Thank you for helping me.
    Graciela, from Argentina.

#4 Posted: 9/6/2009 - 23:59

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

I love that name, Graciela. Beautiful name.

I don't get the attraction of Khao San Road, but it certainly does draw some people.

I prefer upper Sukhimvite myself, around soi 22.

#5 Posted: 10/6/2009 - 01:14

• SybilVane

Joined Travelfish
    4th April, 2009
    Location Argentina

Graciela, yo soy de Córdoba y también estoy armando un viaje para octubre. ¿Nos escribimos para compartir información?

#6 Posted: 11/6/2009 - 17:25

• gracetandil

Joined Travelfish
    4th December, 2008

Viajero de Córdoba: te dejo mi e-mail gracetandil@yahoo.com.ar

The rest of the people in this post can also use my e-mail address.

I´ll be waiting for answers. Thank you.

Love, Graciela. (MADMAC, Graciela has an Italian origin, I am glad to know you like it)

#7 Posted: 11/6/2009 - 19:26

• KevinCorr

Joined Travelfish
    15th June, 2004
    Total reviews: 39

After a long flight why worry about a few baht more and make it slow and inconvenient. You can get a cheap, fast meter taxi at the queue just outside. Just figure 300 baht or so to the cost of your trip.

The attraction of KSR (which I never enter) is that it is in the part of the city closest to most of the sightseeing and places of interest to a visitor who wants to see the old city. Like many of the worlds major cities, it is a port on a river. That is where the best views and sights are. As you will learn reading this site, there are other places to stay near KSR in the old city. KSR being just one street in that most important section of the city.
    Sukhumvit on the other hand is away from the sights and is a modern area full of malls, traffic jams, and businesses catering to foreigners, but nothing of interest to see. People who stay there find themselves commuting to the River area for sightseeing.

For skytrain access, I choose the rail that goes from the river, through Silom to Siam Square.

Suk is on a different rail that intersects at Siam Sq. That makes Siam Sq. the most convenient spot on the skytrain in addition to the fast cheap canal boats going east- west from the old city.

So, while I don't like KSR per se, it is obvious why it is convenience for sightseers of old Bangkok.
    I recommend staying near KSR but avoiding the actual street.
    2d choice Skytrain between the River and Siam Sq.

#8 Posted: 12/6/2009 - 12:54

• gracetandil

Joined Travelfish
    4th December, 2008

Useful information.
    I will check it out.
    Love, Graciela.

#9 Posted: 13/6/2009 - 00:40

• sirhalberd

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2007

The AIRPORT EXPRESS BUS kiosk is on the first floor. Take the moving ramp down not far from the bank money changers. There are two kiosks one inside the terminal near a food court and the other outside near where the bus stops. The price is 150 baht per passenger. The desk clerks will get you on the right bus. There are several routes, besides the KSR area there is one for Sukhukmvit Road too.

Two people taking a meter taxi is not much more than taking the Airport Express Bus and the ride is half the time and door to door. When you take a meter taxi in Bangkok the fare you pay is for everyone in the cab not per passenger.

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/55

Good luck.

#10 Posted: 13/6/2009 - 07:58

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
bangkok international airport storage? ... By translasian on 4 Jul 2006 1 2625 5 Jul 2006
Car Rental - Bangkok International Airport. ... By Jon_Mak_Mak on 15 May 2007 5 2068 25 May 2007
Hanoi international airport to Old Quarter ... By Bello on 11 Sep 2008 2 6182 12 Sep 2008