Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Ko Chang,Ko Mak etc in July

• lm_w

Joined Travelfish
    7th June, 2009

Hi,

Is the end of July a good time to go to Ko Chang and the islands around it??

:)

#1 Posted: 14/6/2009 - 02:44

• Advertisement

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

lm_w

As you have already found, here on Travelfish there is so much information. And, there are 'members' who are willing to pass on knowledge. However, those members hope that those asking questions have read some of the information available on Travelfish.

To your question, I suggest the information is already here on Travelfish. In the first instance, go to the 'nation' links. I know they are poorly placed, but if you link on Thailand you'll see a blue bold link to weather...

http://www.travelfish.org/country/thailand

then

http://www.travelfish.org/thailand-weather.php

This second page has general answers about weather. On the right hand side of this second page, you'll see links to discussions on weather. Some of the recent topics listed are:

Weather discussions on the forum
    » Weather in July and August in SE Asia?
    » Thailand's weather in June?
    » Ko Lanta's weather in July?
    » Thailand's weather in June and July?
    » Weather in August?
    » Phuket's weather in August and September?

If you go to these 'links', I'm sure you'll get more information there than if anyone gives you a specific answer here.

Why do I make this suggestion? Because if you go to the links, you'll see what people are saying about the weather, AND about the tourist venues in the low, low, low season. This second point has implications for your choices of activities, transport, accommodation.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 14/6/2009 - 05:03

• KevinCorr

Joined Travelfish
    15th June, 2004
    Total reviews: 39

Good post Bruce.
    I always used the interactive weather map, weatherfish and had not seen those charts.

#3 Posted: 14/6/2009 - 07:08

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Look, big Ko Chang and its neighbours are some of the wettest places in Thailand - go to TRAVELFISH'S excellent interactive weather map.
    Having said that, I'm a weather nerd and have been checking wet season posts from all over for years - and there have been plenty from big Chang saying they had a good visit in mid-year. Apparently when it rains it REALLY rains - but you still get the sunny/scattered cloud in between which has made my wet season trips in the Andaman good value, particularly since prices are discounted and crowds are dowm.

However I do urge you to read the HOW NOT TO DROWN page in the link below. All big Chang's beaches fast west into the monsoon winds and after a period of heavy blows (not every day or even predominant) you can get big swells and dangerous rip-currents.

#4 Posted: 14/6/2009 - 14:47

• khunwilko

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2007

KC very wet then and a lot of stuff is closed down too.
    Koh Kood may get less rain being flatter - but you will have to get there the ferry from Ban Bao on KC may be suspended - there is a service from the mainland down the coast from Leam Gnop a bit. - many of there resorts simply close - check first

#5 Posted: 15/6/2009 - 12:39

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.