Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

What is Krabi weather like at the end of June?

• rayste01

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009

We are thinking of going to Krabi from Chiang Mai for a few days between June 25-29 to visit Railey beach, Ko Phi Phi, etc. Being monsoon season around Krabi, wondering if we should go straight to the islands around Ko Samui side directly from Chiang Mai and skip Krabi all together? We have June 25th to July 4th to explore beaches. Suggestions? We are looking to spend the bulk of our time in Ko Tao.

#1 Posted: 16/6/2009 - 09:37

• Advertisement

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

raysteo1

As you may have noticed, here on Travelfish there is so much information. And, there are 'members' who are willing to pass on knowledge. However, those members hope that those asking questions have read some of the information available on Travelfish.

To your question, I suggest the information is already here on Travelfish. In the first instance, go to the 'nation' links.

I know they are poorly placed, but if you link on Thailand you'll see a blue bold link to weather...

http://www.travelfish.org/country/thailand

then

http://www.travelfish.org/thailand-weather.php

This second page has general answers about weather. On the right hand side of this second page, you'll see links to discussions on weather. Some of the recent topics listed are:

Weather discussions on the forum
    » Weather in July and August in SE Asia?
    » Thailand's weather in June?
    » Ko Lanta's weather in July?
    » Thailand's weather in June and July?
    » Weather in August?
    » Phuket's weather in August and September?

If you go to these 'links', I'm sure you'll get more information there than if anyone gives you a specific answer here.

Why do I make this suggestion? Because if you go to the links, you'll see what people are saying about the weather, AND about the tourist venues in the low, low, low season. This second point has implications for your choices of activities, transport, accommodation.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 16/6/2009 - 10:21

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

June/July is normally not the worst of the wet season most in the Krabi area - Sept and OCt tend to be wetter. I know one Phuket expat says the real wet season does not start there (it is in the same weather region to Krabi) until sometime in late July or even later. I have had good holidays both midyear and in August in the central Andaman. Usually plenty of sunshine, one or more showers/storms per day, quite a few days with no rain or rain only at night, prolonged rainy periods not real common.

#3 Posted: 17/6/2009 - 12:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.