Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

help or im in trouble!!

• scotty29

Joined Travelfish
    15th February, 2009

hi

we're leaving to go to phuket in 3days(oh so close now), we're planning on staying in phuket for 3-4 days then heading over to the east coast for a few days, up to kanchanaburi for a couple of days then into bangkok for a day or 2 b4 returning home to Northern Ireland. we can give or take a day here and there, the only thing that has to be concrete about the holiday is that i HAVE to find a beach hut to stay in or my friend will never forgive me, its the only thing she says "that is a must do" somewhere that is a chilled out place with a nice beach.

so please help or im in trouble!!

any help would be much appreciated

#1 Posted: 23/6/2009 - 03:01

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Okay, for the east coast islands of the peninsula check for Bottle Beach Two, Mai Pen Rai and Cookies on Ko Phangan, Viewpoint and KO Nangyuan (midrange) at Ko Tao.
    I reckon Mai Pen Rai or BB2 might be the pick.
    If you want a beach bungalow on a very laid back beach near Phuket, check for Toh Koh Resort on the sheltered (wet season) east coast of Phi Phi.

#2 Posted: 23/6/2009 - 16:03

• scotty29

Joined Travelfish
    15th February, 2009

tezza your a star thanks

#3 Posted: 24/6/2009 - 00:26

• KevinCorr

Joined Travelfish
    15th June, 2004
    Total reviews: 39

Your time is so short, I would not bother with Kanch... but see more near the other places. There are enough nice spots without another side trip.

#4 Posted: 24/6/2009 - 16:48

• Sparts

Joined Travelfish
    5th June, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 17

You're ggoing to Phuket? Isn't it pissing down there? That's why we decided to skip it. Or am I wrong.

#5 Posted: 25/6/2009 - 22:39

• scotty29

Joined Travelfish
    15th February, 2009

sparts we were in phuket for a few days and had a little rain but not a lot and for an irish lad it was quite refreshing lol patong beach is mad place if ya can get back to it ya should give it a blast

#6 Posted: 30/6/2009 - 11:22

• Sparts

Joined Travelfish
    5th June, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 17

lOL scotty, I'm still here. Heading for the beaches in around 10 days or so.

#7 Posted: 2/7/2009 - 21:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.