Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

URGENT - Any recommendations for accommodation in Pai?

• nathandjen

Joined Travelfish
    5th July, 2009
    Total reviews: 6

Any recommendations for cheap accommodation in pai?

Looking for riverside bungalows, cheap i.e. 200 B or under.

Any suggestions of nice places or places with a nice vibe?

Can't find anyone around who has been recently and with it being low season we just want someone who knows the best places to stay!

P.S. We go in the Morning!

Cheers

Nath and Jen

#1 Posted: 5/7/2009 - 18:21

• Advertisement

• huxley21

Joined Travelfish
    29th June, 2009

Trip advisor is great for accom reviews - apparently ' Breeze of Pai ' is nice and good value for money (also in LP) and then there is another just down the road towards river,potentially called golden hut but can't remember sorry. friends have been and loved it and loved Pai more than chiang mai - apparently rafting up there is good fun. Have a great time I will be there in 3 weeks and planning on staying in breeze of pai!! YAY

#2 Posted: 5/7/2009 - 22:44

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia

nathandjen

Go to the accommodation section of Travelfish and choose what appears best for you:

http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation/thailand/northern_thailand/mae_hong_son/pai/all

Cheers

#3 Posted: 6/7/2009 - 07:21

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Ahhh did you look at the accommodation listings for Pai on Travelfish?

#4 Posted: 6/7/2009 - 07:21

• nathandjen

Joined Travelfish
    5th July, 2009

Thanks all for the replies.

Yeah have looked over all the reviews on Travelfish and they are really helpful. The only thing is that all the ones I read (I think..) have member reviews from 2008 or 2007. With it being low season and the accommodation changing so much up north I thought I'd just check with people.

Some of the guesthouses that have reviews saying they are great and not open anymore etc. - Not criticizing travelfish at all, just saying.

The rain in Chiang Mai is killing it so hopefully Pai will be brighter??

Thanks huxley 21, brucemoon for the info somtam200, think we'll try Golden huts, or Breeze of Pai.

Huxley21 - i'll post back on how either are.

Cheers!

#5 Posted: 6/7/2009 - 09:25

• BruceMoon

Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia

nathandjen

For an idea of the weather, go to:

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=chiang%20mai,%20thailand&wuSelect=WEATHER

This will get you to Chiang Mai. On the left of the page, under 'current Conditions' is a map: right click on that (preferably to a new tab) and look at the area.

The maps are updated every few hours.

At least you'll be informed.

- - - -

On accommodation prices, maybe you're in the lucky position where you can suggest YOUR PRICE to an accommodation provider.

As long as you smile all the while, the discussion won't get offensive. A joke or two also helps.

In economics, prices go up when there is demand, and they (are supposed to) go down at the lack of demand.

Cheers

#6 Posted: 6/7/2009 - 09:47

• nathandjen

Joined Travelfish
    5th July, 2009

Cheers Brucemoon,

Useful weather info there.

We've ended staying at ' Pai Fun' or something just over the bamboo bridge near the wat. It's nice but a little pricey at 300B and there are no other people to interact with!

So tomorrow we are moving to 'Rice Paddy Fields Bungalows' just over the concrete bridge at the south west of Pai and up the hill. It a beautiful spot nestled between some paddy fields and the hills.

And the bungalows are like the old skool ones i stayed in so much in SE asia in '04. Not much going on up there but for views and price (100B, I would recommend.

Cheers

#7 Posted: 7/7/2009 - 18:25

• BruceMoon

Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia

N & J

Outside Pai , there's an operator that does elephant walks/swims called Thoms.

On the eastern side of the river back to Pai from Thoms is a road that a year ago had a couple of competitor operators. Used one, and spent an hour on and off an elephant in the Pai river: get on, the mahout would give a signal, and the elephant would slide me off into the drink, or deluge with a trunk full of water spray. Amazing fun...

Cheers

#8 Posted: 7/7/2009 - 18:52

• nathandjen

Joined Travelfish
    5th July, 2009

Brucemoon,

Ha ha, great minds...

We just got back from Joy Elephant Camp this afternoon.

An hour or so spent riding through the rice paddies and then as you said, being throw off into a river my the elephant.

Amazing fun indeed.

Cheers!

#9 Posted: 7/7/2009 - 19:51

• thailand_as-
    ia

Joined Travelfish
    7th July, 2009
    Location Germany
    Total reviews: 2

I stayed at Thale Mhog Bungalows in pai.

http://www.paibungalow

it's 250 baht per night for a room with bathroom and the owners are really friendly!!

#10 Posted: 11/11/2009 - 13:30

• Advertisement

• thailand_as-
    ia

Joined Travelfish
    7th July, 2009
    Location Germany
    Total reviews: 2

oh sorry the link to this guest house is:

http://www.paibungalow.com

#11 Posted: 11/11/2009 - 13:32

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Accommodation Recommendations ... By BaznChaz on 19 Nov 2007 4 2569 1 Jan 2008
Accommodation Recommendations-Various Locations ... By littlemisstypeA on 29 Dec 2008 1 1698 29 Dec 2008
Any Recommendations for Singapore Accommodation? ($200 or less) ... By JenHarley on 2 Jan 2012 7 3626 28 Jan 2013
Looking for Chiang Mai Accommodation Recommendations ... By Surefolly on 4 Aug 2014 7 916 3 Sep 2014
Accommodation recommendations Bangkok and ko pha ngan ... By slow_mo on 12 Jul 2011 9 2535 15 Jul 2011
Any Accommodation recommendations for Full Moon?? ... By hupourdat on 18 Mar 2009 1 2427 19 Mar 2009