Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Nimmanoradee Boutique Resort, Ko Samet, stayed or dropped by?

• Tennouji

Joined Travelfish
    22nd September, 2007
    Location Japan
    Total reviews: 20

Hi

Yes an annoying "Has anyone stayed at..." question, I'm afraid!

Has anyone either stayed at, or dropped in for lunch, or had a look as your tour boat passed
    - there is supposed to be good snorkeling nearby?

I have trawled the net and have only found three reviews in English for this place which seems odd
    as it is supposed to have been open since 2005. It is on the last beach Ao Karang -past the flashy
    Paradee Resort & Spa. I walked to Karang from Sametville in 2004 and at that time it was a
    pretty scruffy local beach (trash everywhere etc). I remember wondering when the inevitable
    resort would spring up.

Well, irony aside, I now find myself thinking about staying there! The place booked directly seems
    a bit pricey, but At Siam has rates from 1,600 for what seems to be a good quality hut (compared to
    the 1,100 for an over-priced fan room at Sametville.

Two of us are going for a four night stopover en route to Europe and we will be landing in Bangkok at
    04:30 so know that we won't be in the mood for seeing what's available when we get there.

I liked Sametville, but the boyfriend didn't and it has had some really bad reviews since
    I last stayed there in '06.....

Thanks

Rebecca

Edited by: Rebeccajapan

#1 Posted: 6/7/2009 - 21:43

• Advertisement

• brendap

Joined Travelfish
    25th September, 2009

Hi Rebecca,

I thought I'd take the time to reply because I went there during April, 2009. Here's the thing - the resort is nice - very large rooms, nice views of the ocean, lovely and clean, good enough food (I live in Thailand so I'm pretty picky!), great staff. HOWEVER...the beach is almost non-existent - it is a very rocky small beach and the hotel has a pool that would be great if it were in your parents backyard in 1975! I was there with my girlfriend and 5 kids between us - they loved it because it was rocky - it made for some great climbing and scrambling that any 6 year old could do. My son still talks about climbing the rocks and wants to go back.
    We also organized a day trip to the smaller islands around Koh Samet for snorkelling, seeing the turtle sanctuary, etc but any resort could organize that for you. The resort is also isolated - you need to take a songtao to anyplace else - you can't walk to another beach or resort.
    Bottom line: if you want to walk along the beach holding hands or relaxing poolside, you'll be disappointed.

#2 Posted: 25/9/2009 - 12:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Does anybody had stayed in Phangan Utopia Resort and Green Papaya Resort? ... By wailing1 on 29 Oct 2006 1 1595 30 Oct 2006
Ko Poda Resort, Krabi - anyone stayed? ... By Tennouji on 23 Oct 2010 6 2906 15 Nov 2010
Damnak Angkor Village Boutique-Resort ... By DAV on 20 Oct 2006 0 1870 20 Oct 2006
A new boutique resort, Langham Place Samui at Lamai Beach ... By wilcoyeung on 4 Sep 2009 0 2132 4 Sep 2009