Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Travelling South of Thailand

• JulesNunes

Joined Travelfish
    13th July, 2009

My partner and I would like to go to from Bangkok to Koh Tao, Koh Tao to Krabi and Krabi to Phuket.
    How is the best (cheapest) way to get there and if you know any prices?
    The travel i have been looking was combined tickets, but i am still not sure how is the best way or even some travel agencies.
    Thanks

#1 Posted: 13/7/2009 - 12:59

• Advertisement

• ayesha

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about ayesha
    Joined Travelfish
    12th June, 2009
    Location Thailand

Cheapest way from BKK to KT is bus and boat combo...both Seatran and Lomprayah offer this service. Overnight bus connects to ferry to KT - around 800-900B Lomprayah buses are more confortable.

There is an overnight sleeper train which connects to same ferries ... you get a bed which means better sleep....this will cost around 1100B.

To get from KT to Krabi ...cheapest to get night boat - arriving on the mainland very early morning - that way you save on a nights hotel too.....its simple dorm-like sleeping arangement... but fine... this connects to a mini bus to Krabi - you can do a day boat but this minibus connection leaves you arriving in Krabi in darkness which is not always best ...

its easy to book your travel as you go - there are many travel agents in BKK to book your tickets and the same applies here on Koh Tao too...(i live here) so you can leave your trip flexible - staying longer if you like somewhere or leaving earlier if you dont....

#2 Posted: 13/7/2009 - 16:46

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

I read somewhere that the Seatran ferries had stopped running ...since last Autumn I think.

As you live on Ko Tao presumably you know... did the Seatran service stop and start up again?

#3 Posted: 13/7/2009 - 20:20

• ayesha

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    12th June, 2009
    Location Thailand

Hi there !

Seatran Ferries still run - Im not aware that they stopped but I was away from the island for a littlw while....its possible that what you read related to bad weather.....when ferries get cancelled...

Ayesha

#4 Posted: 14/7/2009 - 09:55

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Hi Ayesha. Seems I'll finally be learning how to dive... thanks to travelfish!! I still can't believe it. Looking forward to meeting you and Wilco! :-)

#5 Posted: 14/7/2009 - 14:53

• ayesha

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    12th June, 2009
    Location Thailand

no worries .... see you soon

#6 Posted: 14/7/2009 - 16:44

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Jules, google Lomprayah.

#7 Posted: 14/7/2009 - 18:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Lonely in Paradise!! (currently on Koh Samui travelling Thailand, Malaysia, Oz & South Africa) ... By jenny_wickett on 29 May 2009 5 3697 14 Aug 2009
Travelling south east asia July 2013 (Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia) ... By michelled on 9 Jun 2013 3 980 10 Jun 2013