Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Multiple Entry Visa for Thailand

• sevi87

Joined Travelfish
    20th July, 2009

I need to get a multiple entry visa for Thailand. I already got the 30 Day Tourist Visa twice. I am going to Laos this Wednesday and wanted to drop off my passport at the Thai Embassy in Vietnaine but I would leave Laos on a Sunday so I cannot pick my Passport up. Is there any way to get a Multiple Entry Visa on the same day if I pay extra or an Agency which can do it for me?

I have already gotten two 30days Visa which expires August 6th and I am staying until September 18th. I have a German Passport.

Thank you!!!

#1 Posted: 20/7/2009 - 12:19

• Advertisement

• khunwilko

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2007

Hmmmmm. what do you mean by visa"??

THe usual way to enter Thailand for EU passport holders is on a 30 day EXEMPTION stamp - that is NOT a visa. this is reduced to 15 days when entering by land.

THe standard tourist visa is 60 days - you don't appear to get a multiple entry version of those.

A non-immigrant "O" visa can be valid for up to a year - allowing unlimited visits of up to 90 days. each time you enter the country you will get another 90 days up to the end of that year. in most cases there are financial constrictions on these visas - you will need to show money in a bank - this is not always the case, especially with honorary consulates.

The thing is, I'm not at all sure that the consul in Vientienne issues these - you will probably have to ask on the ultra right-wing Thaivisa.com site

#2 Posted: 22/7/2009 - 10:03

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

I know that you can get a 60 day type "O" in Savanakhet (and I would assume Vientiane) because I got a couple there. But I had to show my marriage certificate (translated with foreign ministry stamp) and 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account. I doubt you have these and I did not haggle over it. A friend of mine from Lueng Nok Tha got one with considerably less money, but he was married to a Thai.

At the end of the day, the consulate or embassy in question has the lattitude to issue a visa. I would go there and explain your situation, be very patient, keep coming back to the guy (who might well say no initially) with what you need and how can he help you make it happen. Eventually you should be able to get a visa that gets you into Thailand for the duration you require.

That's the best advice I can give under the circumstances. Otherwise you'll have to stay in Laos until you are 15 days out.

#3 Posted: 22/7/2009 - 10:42

• khunwilko

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2007

60 day type O"?? As far as I was aware the normal minimum for a type "O" is 90 days single entry
    (You have to pay extra for the multiple re-entry stamp.)

#4 Posted: 22/7/2009 - 12:26

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

"60 day type O"?? As far as I was aware the normal minimum for a type "O" is 90 days single entry
    (You have to pay extra for the multiple re-entry stamp.)"

Wilko it was ridiculous. My visa story is too bizarre to believe. I have a wife visa now, but the pain to get from there to here was something even Kafka could not have imagined. My visa story is so absurd it's comical. My wife was so angry at the immigration office I had to stop taking her, because she was mouthing off - which was not going to help my cause. And it takes a lot to get my wife to start talking back to government officials.

But yeah, I had a 60 day type "O". I could have gotten 60 or 90 (but not one year - why - well, because). It didn't matter, I just needed it so immigration would give me my real freakin Visa!!!

#5 Posted: 22/7/2009 - 15:42

• khunwilko

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2007

OK - not relevant for this OP - there are occasions when periods are rounded off especially when it involves previous visas and applications for work permits etc.

If the guy goes for a non-imm "O" he should get 90 days basic. plus pay extra for a single or unlimited re-entry permit. A twelve month may not be necessary.

#6 Posted: 22/7/2009 - 16:01

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

I am assuming he needs to go back and forth between Thailand and other locations between now and when he is leaving. So yes, what kind of type O he gets doesn't matter. IF, however, he is just going to go back to Thailand to stay, then he can get a 60 day tourist visa bust must get it at a consulate or embassy, NOT as the border (which I believe is constrained to 15 days). I got two of those too.

Sevi
    You might want to check all this with the nearest immigration office before you cross into Laos. There is a large office in Bangkok, there's also an office in Nong Khai if you are crossing there.

#7 Posted: 22/7/2009 - 16:16

• sevi87

Joined Travelfish
    20th July, 2009

Thank you all for your help!

I am going to go into the Bangkok Immigration Office tomorrow morning and see from there. I just need anything that permits me to be in Thailand until September 18th and leave the country in between.

#8 Posted: 27/7/2009 - 23:12

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Multiple Entry Thailand Visa?? ... By pilki03 on 12 Sep 2012 4 2309 18 Sep 2012
Thailand Visa - multiple entry help! ... By lauraandmark on 4 Sep 2008 1 3526 5 Sep 2008
Thai multiple entry visa or visa waiver + single entry visa? ... By zesti on 6 Jul 2014 3 1170 20 Dec 2014
Vietnam Visa: Turning a Single Entry Into A Multiple Entry ... By ajay on 5 Aug 2009 1 5885 5 Aug 2009
Multiple Entry Visa Question (Re-Entry) ... By mrbump on 24 Jan 2012 3 3688 25 Jan 2012
Multiple Entry Visa ... By Asheai on 4 Apr 2009 4 7191 2 Jun 2014
180 day visa multiple entry ... By bradmcfc81 on 7 Jul 2009 5 2726 9 Jul 2009
Would I need to get a Multiple Entry Visa? ... By JamesMurley on 9 Dec 2007 2 2907 9 Dec 2007
Will I need a multiple entry visa for Vietnam? ... By Peachula on 11 Aug 2011 7 5031 13 Nov 2011
Multiple Entry Visa to Vietnam ... By cesmonde on 20 Oct 2008 0 2804 20 Oct 2008