Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Phang Nga Bay - best to visit from phuket or krabi?

Posted by jumpinjono on 28/7/2009 at 22:58

I am hoping to visit phang nga bay and see james bond island in febuary, my trip involves staying in phuket town and krabi (or near beach resort ).
Ive read somewhere the day trips from krabi go to the west side of the bay and the trips from phuket visit the east.
so i was wondering

What is the best side of the bay to visit?
Is it cheaper to take a day trip from Phuket town or Krabi?

thanks
jon

#1 jumpinjono has been a member since 28/7/2009. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 29/7/2009 at 07:19 admin

Price will vary a little, but I think most visit it from Phuket.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,504
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by KevinCorr on 29/7/2009 at 13:39

I love Phang Nga and have been there 3 times:
1- Day trip from Phuket- that was fun but a little rushed since the boats always get you home for dinner.

2- We took a bus to Phang Nga Town and stayed at a lovely guesthouse and hired a nice guide who set up our boat trip on the bay and drove us around the town and area sightseeing. That was the best because you see much more. It is also more relaxing, but time consuming if you have a tight schedule.

3- Rented a car in Krabi Town and drove up for a day. Went on the same boat trip with the same guide but had a car so we drove to the ocean at Khao Lak.
At 1000 per day that is up to you if you like that idea.

#3 KevinCorr has been a member since 15/6/2004. Posts: 54

Posted by Andreph on 30/9/2009 at 22:18

JumpinJono

I will be in that area around early February. When were you planning on being around there?

#4 Andreph has been a member since 23/9/2009. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.