Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Arriving in Bangkok at midnight

Posted by drudogg on 1/8/2009 at 06:05

I'm arriving at Bangkok airport at midnight. I'll probably be done with customs around 1am and will catch a cab to the Khao San area.

Any tips on late night arrivals at the airport and catching a cab?

I've read the FAQ about it already here http://www.travelfish.org/faq_answer.php?qID=1, but was wondering whether anyone had any additional tips.

#1 drudogg has been a member since 10/7/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by SBE on 1/8/2009 at 06:29

No problem catching a cab at that time. Just try and make sure the driver uses the meter!

There's a 50 baht airport surcharge if you use the official taxi rank which you'll need to pay on top of the fare on the meter.

You don't really need to use the expressway as traffic will be light at that time of night, but you do use it then there will be toll fees to pay too.

#2 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,004
 Where has SBE been? 

Posted by MADMAC on 1/8/2009 at 14:09

"Any tips on late night arrivals at the airport...?"

IF you swing by Nana on your way, there should be plenty of freelancers out and about at that time.

#3 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by drudogg on 6/8/2009 at 12:29

Thanks for the tips.

Madmac - what is "nana" and what are "freelancers"?

#4 drudogg has been a member since 10/7/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by carlocargo on 6/8/2009 at 19:36

hahaha...nana is an entertainment district (a nice way of saying it) and freelancer is a friendly thai girl (or a "guyrl") who will "love you long time" :-P

#5 carlocargo has been a member since 20/4/2007. Posts: 22

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.