Thailand forum

Another drug user loses freedom, lucky to stay alive

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

An Australian drug user/mule (idiot!!!) has been sentenced to life imprisonment for a drug crime.

As reported in The Australian (url=http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25886849-12377,00.html]here, the idiot pleady guilty to exchange the death penalty for life imprisonment.

Drugs!!! - they may be a headspin, but there are consequences...

Cheers

#1 Posted: 5/8/2009 - 17:07

• Advertisement

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Somtam, where IS that edit button...

Try again...

An Australian drug user/mule (read idiot!!!) has been sentenced to life imprisonment for a drug crime.

As reported in The Australian (here, the idiot pleaded guilty to exchange the death penalty for life imprisonment.

Drugs!!! - they may be a headspin, but there are consequences...

Cheers

#2 Posted: 5/8/2009 - 17:11

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Bruce my dear, did you need an edit button in order to add a link or in order to add extra bold print and italics?

Can you give us smileys too while you're at it Somtam. I sometimes feel a need to express quizzical eyebrows.

Err on second thoughts... maybe not. Imagine what Bruce would to do if he had smileys too! ;-)

#3 Posted: 5/8/2009 - 18:52

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

I agree totally. Idiotic behaviour in that part of the world. Problem is the mixed messages sent out by different governments confuse people.Portugal-everything legal.Australia where some states let you grow your own marijuana.Then you get the other extreme, Barlow and Chambers executed in 1986 for smuggling grass.Does Malaysia still hang people for drugs.I remember the visa cards coming around before you landed there with the picture of the noose and 'DADA(drugs) IS DEATH.'printed in bold.It certainly got over the message for most people.Many years ago I was partial to smoking a bit of Thai grass, forget it these days the consequences don't bear thinking about. Yet I still smell the stuff in the air around bakpackers hostels in Bangkok.I advise them to get over the border to Cambodia if they like to smoke it.As at present the law there seems to be more relaxed.

#4 Posted: 5/8/2009 - 19:01

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

before someone points it out. correction. Barlow and Chambers were caught with heroin

#5 Posted: 5/8/2009 - 19:07

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

In Thailand just don't do it - you're a fool if you do.

#6 Posted: 7/8/2009 - 14:10

• Thaiman

Click here to learn more about Thaiman
    Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2008

Never been able to understand it myself-have enough trouble with beer.

#7 Posted: 7/8/2009 - 14:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
The Lucky Hotels are the best places for you to stay ... By cbocare on 3 Jul 2010 1 1761 3 Jul 2010