Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

buying new glasses in Bangkok

• Pjotra

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2009
    Total reviews: 9

Hi There!
    Is there anybody who has expirience with buying glasses in Bangkok? I mean, do they make them on the spot, i.e. some hrs. service, and what prices to expect? (I think about buying some new pairs in titanium, not designer-glasses)

#1 Posted: 8/8/2009 - 01:43

• Advertisement

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

My wife had an eye test in the MBK centre, up the top near the book/magazine shop. It cost about B3500 and took about 4 hours for them to make the glasses. That was about 4 years ago and she still has the glasses now.

#2 Posted: 9/8/2009 - 00:25

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Hi pjotra, I had some prescription reading glasses made up for me when I was in Thailand last Feb 09. There is a large optometrist chain called Top Charoen that I couldn,t fault. I had titanium frames done with scratch resistant glass etc. I would expect to pay $550-$600 aud here in Australia for that and I think the price was about $250 aud there.All up they were done in about 6 hours.

#3 Posted: 9/8/2009 - 07:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.