Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Koh Phangan - Accom away from Hat Rin

• brizzichick

Joined Travelfish
    8th August, 2009

hi all

i'm planning to be in kpy for a week or so from around 27 Dec...I was thinking Thong Nai Pan Noi....basically i want to chill but have some places to go to eat and visit some other areas of the island whilst chilling...

i'm up for the full moon party for NYE but want to stay away from that area for the rest of the time as i stayed near HR when i went to a full moon party many moons ago....

any ideas or recommendations??

#1 Posted: 8/8/2009 - 01:50

• Advertisement

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

"Many moons ago" Like it!

I recommend a place on Haad Yao (long beach). About 5 years ago I stayed at Haad Yao bungalows and took a deluxe aircon room and rented a moped from them too.

Good beach and nice BBQ. That was 5 years ago tho but im sure someone on here has stayed there more recently.

#2 Posted: 9/8/2009 - 01:57

• Sparts

Joined Travelfish
    5th June, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 17

I've only stayed on Thing Nai Pan Noi - loved it. Panburri is good with a good restaurant and friendly staff.

#3 Posted: 17/8/2009 - 23:44

• syna

Joined Travelfish
    6th August, 2009

I stayed in Had Yao and i thought it was very calm and a great place to stay. It's near everything and with good roads to thong sala and Had rin and you have lots of nice beaches near.
    Going/coming from Thong Nai Pan Noi to Thong sala is a dirt road and not so confortable.
    Also keep in mind that that side of the island is sunrise and the Had yao side is sunset.
    Thong Nai Pan Noi is a nice beach and very calm, but overall i think you have more options in Had yao side. Plus you can rent a mnotrcycle and spend one or 2 days in Thong Nai Pan Noi beaches.
    Have a good time

#4 Posted: 9/9/2009 - 16:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
August/September Ko Phangan, Ko Tao & Ko Samui - do we need to book accom? ... By Sarah23 on 1 Aug 2010 3 4316 4 Aug 2010