Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Best place for a massage on Koh San Road?

• Geezy

Joined Travelfish
    27th July, 2009

I will be arriving late Sunday after travelling a long way from England. I want to get a traditional Thai Massage to relax. Ive heard good things about them and getting my Chi re-alligned. I am staying on Koh San Road. Where is the best place to go?

Ta Geezy

#1 Posted: 17/8/2009 - 22:13

• Advertisement

• Sparts

Joined Travelfish
    5th June, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 17

I doubt you'll find anything but lively bars and fave dvd's on Koh San Road ;p
    You may have to venture a little further from there for what you want.

#2 Posted: 17/8/2009 - 23:40

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

At the end of KS is a burgerking on Thanon Tanao.Behind it is a soi which runs parallel with Thanon Tanao.Look for a guesthouse/restaurant called MAMAS.Inside there are two other businesses.One is a hairdresser but the other is a trad.masseur called Joon.Believe me she is very good and reasonably priced.You won't regret it.

#3 Posted: 18/8/2009 - 00:05

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

At the end of KS is a burgerking on Thanon Tanao.Behind it is a soi which runs parallel with Thanon Tanao.Look for a guesthouse/restaurant called MAMAS.Inside there are two other businesses.One is a hairdresser but the other is a trad.masseur called Joon.Believe me she is very good and reasonably priced.You won't regret it.

#4 Posted: 18/8/2009 - 00:06

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

"...my Chi re-alligned."

Does this mean a happy ending? Getting my "Chi" realigned? What does that mean?

#5 Posted: 18/8/2009 - 00:31

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Thais refer to it as "unblocking wind" ... it depends what you call a happy ending Madmac.

#6 Posted: 18/8/2009 - 01:20

• billbevan01

Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2009
    Location Global Village

There's a side street off Soi Rambutri that leads towards the river. Its between a busy corner bar and Mr Yim's guesthouse - and opposite the food stalls. towards the end of the street there is a massage place on the right that does good massages depending on who you get. sorry I can't be more specific than that.

#7 Posted: 18/8/2009 - 03:31

• Geezy

Joined Travelfish
    27th July, 2009

Thanks for the replies. I will definatley try those suggestions out. Chi is what the East refer to as life energy.

#8 Posted: 18/8/2009 - 15:25

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

Ahhh, OK. How do you realign life energy? Wait, forget it, I don't want to know.

I know I had to get my shoulder realigned yesterday after I had to lay down my bike when some stupid Thai bitch tried to T-bone me. Man, that hurt.

#9 Posted: 18/8/2009 - 17:38

• Geezy

Joined Travelfish
    27th July, 2009

A Thai bitch tried to T-Bone you? Whats T-Bone? Wait, i dont want to know. Sounds like you need to get your Chi re-aligned mate

#10 Posted: 19/8/2009 - 14:14

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

when a car cuts directly in your path on and you are on a bike - looks like a T-bone. I don't even know what my chi is, but my shoulder was sore hell.

#11 Posted: 19/8/2009 - 17:56

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

I was going to suggest madmac got his T bone realigned after what that Thai bitch did to it

Good job I refrained isn't it. No major surgery required then.... on your shoulder I mean.

#12 Posted: 19/8/2009 - 21:22

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I like the place beside Chaidee on Rambuttri. It's on the same side of the road as Hotel Viengtai, between Viengtai and the bend in the road. It used to be called Amanda, but no longer. It's a salon, but they offer massage, and they are excellent. The room they use is also very good. Lots of room, cool, dark, quiet ... inexpensive!

#13 Posted: 20/8/2009 - 01:28

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

No man, but my shoulder was sore. Tuk tuk driver stopped and got the bike off me, but man... I will never forgive that bitch. That was fuW#$ed up. She looks at me and then drives away - with me pinned underthe bike after she does it to me. Some women...

#14 Posted: 20/8/2009 - 02:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Great place for foot massage or haircut in Can Tho ... By monteromano on 26 Jun 2010 0 3480 26 Jun 2010