Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

best way to go from surat thani to malaysia? train/bus or plane

Posted by matimulinaris on 22/8/2009 at 15:40

hi i know that trains and buses are cheaper and plane is plane is faster obviously.
but i just want to know if its safe to cross de border by train or bus because of the social problem in south of thailand.
and if not which airline have flights from sumai or surat thani to penang/kuala lumpur without a stop on bangkok?
thanks,
matias
5 days to arrive on thailand haha

#1 matimulinaris has been a member since 1/8/2009. Posts: 25

Posted by BruceMoon on 22/8/2009 at 17:57

mati

I can't see an international link from Surat Thani direct to Malaysia.

I can see a link between Koh Samui & Kuala Lumpar (only) with Berjaya Air and Firefly.

Phuket is probably more oriented with direct flights to KL - Air Asia & Firefly, and to Penang with Firefly.

- - -

As for bus/train, my understanding is that once on board you are OK between southern Thailand and Malaysia.

Cheers

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by matimulinaris on 23/8/2009 at 15:20

thank you mate
ive just booked a flight from ko sumai to KL with tiger fly for the 6th of september, 2 days after the FMP.
regards,
matias

#3 matimulinaris has been a member since 1/8/2009. Posts: 25

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.