Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

bangkok place to stay open late?

• em22

Joined Travelfish
    26th August, 2009

My flight gets into Bangkok around 1 am. Wondering if most budget type guesthouses are open late at night or are 24 hrs.

thanks

#1 Posted: 26/8/2009 - 11:56

• Advertisement

• Sparts

Joined Travelfish
    5th June, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 17

Defo book ahead. You can easily book online with many guesthouses or hotels. If you do this I wouldn't think you'd have a problem just so long as you make them aware that you won't arrive until 2.30 - 3.30 am!

#2 Posted: 26/8/2009 - 23:41

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Some remain open, many will have some kinda nightwatchmen person -- most likely asleep on a lazy chair behind the checkin counter.

I'd book ahead if only because I could think of better things to do at 3am than trudging around waking up people to see if they have a bed for me. But, if you're not fussed about doing that, then don't book ahead.

As Sparts says, depending on customs/immigration/your flight being on time, you may not be into town till 3.30 am -- by then it's only a couple of hours till breakfast -- perhaps just plant yourself in a cafe and get a room in the morning. There are cafes on KSR open 24 hours.

#3 Posted: 27/8/2009 - 06:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
How late does Central/Russian markets open? ... By veron on 18 Jul 2006 3 1636 19 Jul 2006
Do you think I should open a hotel in such place? ... By dha6892 on 10 Aug 2010 6 1286 10 Aug 2010
Best place to get open water diving - Koh Phi phi? ... By janujanu on 18 May 2008 2 2296 27 May 2008