Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Money matters while in Thailand

Posted by momo82 on 29/8/2009 at 19:21

Hi there guys,

I was wondering if you could help.

I'm leaving for Thailand next Thursday and I'm trying to establish how much money I need for my stay.

I'm going for 6 weeks and also hoping to visit Laos and Cambodia along the way.

The real purpose of my trip is to really find myself (I know that sounds a bit corny) and I'm not into looking for girls etc. I plan maximising my whole trip to see as much of this beautiful country as possible.

Initial plan is Bangkok for a few days > then upwards to the north > back down to Bangkok and then down the southern islands(this is a general idea of what i'll be doing) as well as stops in Laos and Cambodia.

As mentioned I'll be there for 6 weeks and was thinking 1500 - 1600 GBP (Great British Pounds) which is around 2,448.75 USD.

The majority of my spending money will consist of obviously accommodation, food, alcohol as well as travel costs within the country.

Will £1500 - £1600 be enough???

Any help or advise will be much appreciated.

#1 momo82 has been a member since 23/3/2009. Posts: 10

Posted by Tilapia on 29/8/2009 at 23:19

Sounds like more than enough to me unless you plan on staying at 4-star resorts every night.

#2 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,485
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by BruceMoon on 30/8/2009 at 06:09

momo82

Ample.

Go look at what I wrote about daily costs here on this site at post #2 and also this one at post #3 .

In effect, plan for food, accommodation, local transport, etc. around US$25/day, and then add bucks for big/long travel & fancy day tours.

Cheers

#3 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by somtam2000 on 30/8/2009 at 09:56 admin

That is loads. Really. Unless you're looking at staying at mid range places most of the time you've got plenty of dosh for the trip.

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,435
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.