Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Travel agency or not?

Posted by mhlow on 31/8/2009 at 22:31

Hey. My family and i are planning a trip to chiang mai and i was wondering whether it is recommended that we use a travel agency to book a tour to go elephant riding and rafting or is it better to do it by ourselves?

#1 mhlow has been a member since 25/6/2009. Posts: 8

Posted by BruceMoon on 1/9/2009 at 04:56

mhlow

My hunch is that if you want to do both in the one day, you'll probably be taken to Pai.

If you are not experienced travellers in Thailand, it's probably best to go on a day tour. But, wait till you are in Chiang Mai . The reason? They take the hassle out of the process by arranging for you to be picked up & returned to your accommodation.

There are Travel Agencies everywhere in Chiang Mai (and every accommodation centre acts as a travel agent). So, when you get to Chiang Mai, check out what a couple of travel agents say regarding a day trip, and what the prices will be. Generally, you should pick up quickly whichever option appears good for you.

Cheers

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.