admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Matador trips has a good round-up on yoga retreats on Ko Pha Ngan -- it's good timing as a Travelfish researcher is heading there tomorrow to do a complete rewrite of our Ko Pha Ngan coverage -- I'm sure she'll be in need of a bit of yoga before the month is out...

So if yogo is your thang you'll want to give the story a read -- it is right here: Yoga on Ko Pha Ngan

#1 Posted: 3/9/2009 - 18:31

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

They have a link for the YOGA RETREAT high up on the road between Had Salad and Mae Had - I called in a fortnight back to hire a mountain bike they were offering - a whole bunch of sleek looking types hanging around ready to start an instructors' course - they looked so healthy I almost signed up.

My Had Sadet-Samui ferry called in at Had Thian, home of The Sanctuary and others. A Brit girl on the ferry pointed left: "Detox there", right: "Retox there!" Sounds like my sort of place.

#2 Posted: 4/9/2009 - 16:22

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I've done the seven day fast at Sanctuary three or four times now -- first time was the best. There's a story about it here: http://www.travelfish.org/feature/5

Sanctuary the resort is pretty cliquey, but the Wellness Centre (that does the fasting courses) is spot on. They used to have a masseuse there from Pattani who gave the best massages I've ever had.

#3 Posted: 4/9/2009 - 17:13

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

I was at Had Thian (Tien) east coast a few months back - didn't stay at The Sanctuary but spent a fair bit of time at their beach corner restaurant/bar - very nice vibe with relaxed people.

#4 Posted: 23/9/2010 - 14:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Yoga Classes/Studios in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos ... By hfergu on 31 May 2010 1 4906 2 Jun 2010