Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Mae Sariang

Posted by ano_1 on 10/9/2009 at 11:27

Hi,
Was considering staying at Mae Sariang whilst driving Mae Hong Son loop. Seeking information from anyone who has taken the Mae Sariang day trip to Mae Sam Laeb and the Salween River... is it worthwhile? if so who did you arrange thru and approx cost?
Many thanks for any help

#1 ano_1 has been a member since 9/9/2009. Posts: 20

Posted by BruceMoon on 10/9/2009 at 12:46

ano

You don't need to pay anyone to take you to Sam Lab, you can drive yourself - though the last kilometre needs a sturdy 4WD. I drove there in a small Honda sedan a couple of years ago. Parked at the viewpoint (if you drive, you'll know what I mean), and walked the rest.

Go look at this map and also this other map .

If you want to go to Tha Ta Fang village, you can hire a boatman at Sam Laeb.

Lovely countryside. Well worth the drive.

Cheers

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by Thaiman on 10/9/2009 at 16:03

Yup,well worth the trip.The scenery is great and a trip on the Salween River the icing.Did a trip a few years back but I can't remember the price.I'm sure any guesthouse in Mae Sariang could organise it for you.

#3 Thaiman has been a member since 12/11/2008. Posts: 201

Posted by somtam2000 on 10/9/2009 at 18:41 admin

Funny, we've a researcher in Mae Sariang at the moment -- he did a tour of every single karaoke bar in town the night before last -- said it has an amazing number of bars for such a small town. Depending on the blurriness of the pics, we might make it into a story on the site.

As per the others the trip to Mae Sam Laeb is great and well worth doing. It's a very scenic spot. I did it by motorbike, no real need to do it as a tour, but there are a couple of small travel agents in town who can help you out.

Pretty part of the country.

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.