Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ko Lanta with family

Posted by pia2am on 15/9/2009 at 03:15

Hi

We, a family of 4, kids aged 5 and 8, will travel to Ko Lanta and stay for about a week in january as part of our 2 month in SE Asia and rtw trip.

Can any of you recommend a family friendly guesthouse on an nice kiddie friendly beach?
We can max pay $40 a night. I have tried to contact Lanta Bee Garden several times but no reply. Is this place closed?

Thanks in advance

Pia

#1 pia2am has been a member since 22/1/2009. Location: Denmark. Posts: 35

Posted by swag on 15/9/2009 at 08:18

Hi Pia, my wife and I really enjoyed our stayed on Lanta for a week 18 odd months ago. We stayed at the Sayang Beach resort which I think from memory I did a review of.This was about 1800 baht- 2000 baht so not sure if that fits into your budget.
Sayang is on Long Beach which is the second beach down the west coast.I prefered this as it was a bit quieter than the main one a bit north.
The beach itself is very safe with a gentle slope. There were plenty of kids ranging from all ages and most parents seemed very relaxed about it all.
If you prefer something a bit more livlier at night very easy to catch a ride to the first beach.
One thing we noticed and really enjoyed is that the island is predominately Thai Muslim.While this meant a little less seafood then say Koh Chang etc,there was some fantastic curries and coffes etc.
All in all Inice balance for parents with kids.
regards
swag

#2 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331

Posted by tezza on 15/9/2009 at 15:52

Lanta Palm Beach on Long Beach had family bungalows when I stayed last year. Long Beach is IMHO the best all-round beach and Palm Beach is in a good position on it.

#3 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,338
 Website 

Posted by pia2am on 17/9/2009 at 23:21

Thanks a lot. I´ll have a look at these places

#4 pia2am has been a member since 22/1/2009. Location: Denmark. Posts: 35

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.