Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Ko Lanta with family

• pia2am

Joined Travelfish
    22nd January, 2009
    Location Denmark

Hi

We, a family of 4, kids aged 5 and 8, will travel to Ko Lanta and stay for about a week in january as part of our 2 month in SE Asia and rtw trip.

Can any of you recommend a family friendly guesthouse on an nice kiddie friendly beach?
    We can max pay $40 a night. I have tried to contact Lanta Bee Garden several times but no reply. Is this place closed?

Thanks in advance

Pia

#1 Posted: 15/9/2009 - 03:15

• Advertisement

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Hi Pia, my wife and I really enjoyed our stayed on Lanta for a week 18 odd months ago. We stayed at the Sayang Beach resort which I think from memory I did a review of.This was about 1800 baht- 2000 baht so not sure if that fits into your budget.
    Sayang is on Long Beach which is the second beach down the west coast.I prefered this as it was a bit quieter than the main one a bit north.
    The beach itself is very safe with a gentle slope. There were plenty of kids ranging from all ages and most parents seemed very relaxed about it all.
    If you prefer something a bit more livlier at night very easy to catch a ride to the first beach.
    One thing we noticed and really enjoyed is that the island is predominately Thai Muslim.While this meant a little less seafood then say Koh Chang etc,there was some fantastic curries and coffes etc.
    All in all Inice balance for parents with kids.
    regards
    swag

#2 Posted: 15/9/2009 - 08:18

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Lanta Palm Beach on Long Beach had family bungalows when I stayed last year. Long Beach is IMHO the best all-round beach and Palm Beach is in a good position on it.

#3 Posted: 15/9/2009 - 15:52

• pia2am

Joined Travelfish
    22nd January, 2009
    Location Denmark

Thanks a lot. I´ll have a look at these places

#4 Posted: 17/9/2009 - 23:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Accomodation in Koh Lanta with a family of five. ... By acorns11 on 23 Jan 2011 1 1451 24 Jan 2011