Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

best time to visit thai beaches

Posted by jasonkim8486 on 15/9/2009 at 05:43

im wondering when the best time of year is to visit southern thai beaches...when the sands are the whitest and water the clearest. from what i understand after the rainy season the beaches can look a little less appealing?

#1 jasonkim8486 has been a member since 15/9/2009. Location: United States. Posts: 81

Posted by tezza on 15/9/2009 at 15:58

I reckon March-early April. Still dry season but also shoulder meaning fewer crowds, easier walk-in vacancies. And yep, the water has had time to clear from any wet-season turbidity.

Having said that, I don't mind late November-early Dec. Dry season has usually kicked in everywhere except Samui and neighbours, is still shoulder and most places have cleaned the beach of wet season junk and the usual fishing boats cast-offs. Water usually fairly clear with the exception of islands close to shore or off big rivers (eg latter - Ko Phayam and little Ko Chang Andaman side).

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,338
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.