Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

best time to visit thai beaches

• jasonkim8486

Click here to learn more about jasonkim8486
    Joined Travelfish
    15th September, 2009
    Location United States

im wondering when the best time of year is to visit southern thai beaches...when the sands are the whitest and water the clearest. from what i understand after the rainy season the beaches can look a little less appealing?

#1 Posted: 15/9/2009 - 05:43

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

I reckon March-early April. Still dry season but also shoulder meaning fewer crowds, easier walk-in vacancies. And yep, the water has had time to clear from any wet-season turbidity.

Having said that, I don't mind late November-early Dec. Dry season has usually kicked in everywhere except Samui and neighbours, is still shoulder and most places have cleaned the beach of wet season junk and the usual fishing boats cast-offs. Water usually fairly clear with the exception of islands close to shore or off big rivers (eg latter - Ko Phayam and little Ko Chang Andaman side).

#2 Posted: 15/9/2009 - 15:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
sihanoukville beaches compared to thai beaches? ... By kacperek on 4 Feb 2007 1 2068 5 Feb 2007