Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thai Island Weather/Accomodation Request-Realtime

• 44cuse

Joined Travelfish
    3rd August, 2009

Hi All,

Thank you in advance for any assistance anyone can provide. 1st off, this is fairly immediate request which is why I am making it versus reading the other posts on the topic. I have read most of them and they have played a part in my decision.

We just got through with 10 days in Northern Vietnam and 5 days in Chiang Mai. We are looking to head to Ko Samui, Ko Pha Ngan, or potentially Ko Tao . We have done our research to know that is likely where we will be getting our best weather as our options for timing are this week (starting Sat or Sun) or 2.5 weeks from now (we have some flexibility).

What I am specifically looking for are the following:

1. Location: I want a nice beach with beautiful water. Who doesn't?
    2. Atmosphere: Do nothave to be in the middle of the Full Moon Party, but do want something to do. "Something to do" could be a couple of beach bars where we can chill and play dominoes...does not have to be in the middle of the action but we also do not want end of the earth.
    3. Accomodation: Would prefer bungalow and we are willing to go a little up-market here. We have stayed well within our budget and can slide up the scale a bit for the beach. Something cool, chill, conducive to reading, some beers in the evening, swimming, snorkeling (we do not dive which may take Ko Tao out of the mix, I don't know), hammocks, etc.

I'm not an expert on the region and don't expect the advice/guidance to be soft peddled. Would appreciate the straight story on beaches (how difficult to get to...we are willing to take extra steps to get somewhere great..and are just as happy stepping off the plane and walking to our place...we don't care, quality of the water, too noisy, etc).

So please advise ASAP with weather, beach and accommodation recommendations.

Thanks so much.

#1 Posted: 18/9/2009 - 09:04

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I'd recommend either Thong Nai Pan Noi or Thong Nai Pan Yai on Ko Pha Ngan -- see the east coast section for that island for more info.

#2 Posted: 18/9/2009 - 13:41

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

The Thong Nai Pans are good.
    Another Phangan place which might fit the bill is Had Salad. I recently stayed at Cookies which I thought great value - a midrange joint at flashpacker prices for the least expensive rooms. Nice beach, good water, about half a dozen restaurants which attract a good crowd - no dedicated bars/clubs though.

#3 Posted: 18/9/2009 - 18:12

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.