Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Travel from ko Phi Phi to Trang Islands

• Bigsterrules

Joined Travelfish
    28th August, 2009

Hi there

Myself and my GF are staying at Wally's Paradise Lost in mid November and we are wondering if anyone knows the best way to get there in one day and how much it would cost?

I have looked at Tigerline Ferries and they dont start rnning until December. Are there any other ferry companies that couldtake us?

If we have to go Phi Phi - Krabi - Trang - Pak Meng - Kradan then it seems like this would take longer than a day (i.e. a stopover would be necessay in sy Trang)

Thanks for you help!

Jonny

#1 Posted: 19/9/2009 - 16:40

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

you can go down to Kradan on the fast Trang island daytrip boats which leave Lanta around 8am. I used this method a few years ago - the cost was 400baht and it took maybe 4 hours, but this included a stop for snorkeling the islets between Ko Ngai and Ko Muk plus a swim into the incomparable Emerald Cave on Muk. Note you aren’t guaranteed these extras - the order of the schedule varies according to the tides - it's hard to swim into the Emerald Cave at high tide on some days of the month.
    Any resort or travel agent on Lanta can arrange this trip for you. Note it runs back to Lanta in the afternoon, but there is no service in low season - roughly May to end of Oct.

Now the problem from Phi Phi is that the first ferry to Lanta will get in after the Trang Island daytrip boat leaves - so you will have to spend a day on Lanta which is no hardship - better than blowing most of the day getting to Pak Meng and having to overnight or charter an expensive longtail. Note the National Park guys on the pier at Pak Meng will most likely charge you a 200baht park entrance fee too.

#2 Posted: 19/9/2009 - 21:34

• Bigsterrules

Joined Travelfish
    28th August, 2009

Thanks Tezza, valuable advice as always.

I have found some info on Royal Fern Co. Ltd, apparently they do ferries from Lanta to Kradan for 450BHT:

http://www.bookinganywhere.com/thailand/guides/koh_lanta.html

Have you heard of them/know what months they run? I cant find a website, but will give them a call

#3 Posted: 20/9/2009 - 03:28

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

I just had a look at that link - I'm thinking that's the Trang Island daytrip boat they're talking about.
    Maybe Royal Fern Co run it - or maybe the website is a bit sloppy and should have taken a new paragraph when starting to talk about the boat to Ngai/Kradan.

#4 Posted: 20/9/2009 - 08:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.