Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Phuket to Phang-Nga

Posted by pia2am on 20/9/2009 at 18:15

We, a family of 4, will arrive in Phuket from Chiang Mai, but don´t wanna spend any time there.
We wanna go to Phang-Nga Town fairly straight away, but what´s the best way to do it. Bus or taxi? How much can we expect to pay?

Thanks in advance,

Pia

#1 pia2am has been a member since 22/1/2009. Location: Denmark. Posts: 35

Posted by idreamofdurian on 21/9/2009 at 00:08 TF writer

Are you arriving at the airport? From the airport you could get a taxi to take you there... wouldn't be that cheap though. Maybe 2,000 - 3,000 Baht, depending where in Phang-Nga you're going.

Buses depart from the bus station in Phuket Town. It takes about 2 - 3 hours to go to Phang-Nga. There's about 1 bus each hour and the cheapest ticket on a local bus is ~ 100B. The 1st/2nd class air-con buses will be a bit more.

#2 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by christof on 21/9/2009 at 00:37

Info on buses from Phuket aiport to Phuket bus station can be found here.

http://www.airportbusphuket.com/

#3 christof has been a member since 23/7/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 55
 Website 

Posted by idreamofdurian on 21/9/2009 at 00:42 TF writer

The airport bus to Phuket town is slow and runs infrequently. With a family of 4 it would be much faster and roughly the same price to take a taxi. There's also a mini-bus service from the airport to Phuket Town which charges 100B per person.

If you're feeling extra ambitious, the public bus to Phang-Nga passes through town near the airport (the airport is on the north of the island, Phuket town is in the south). You could go to Thalang or Cherng Thalay and flag down the bus there, thereby saving yourself the trip all the way to Phuket town.

#4 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by weerap on 18/6/2015 at 04:28

i'm suggest private taxi from phuket airport to phang nga town. the price around 1500-2500 for standard car see this http://www.airporttransferphuket.com

#5 weerap has been a member since 9/1/2015. Posts: 3
 Website 

Posted by AdamWarren on 25/6/2015 at 12:08

I went to Phuket , Thailand last year, and apart from swimming in beautiful Andaman sea, was really looking for was culture immersion. So I booked a trip to Phuket FantaSea Thai Cultural Theme Park. I know I probably wanted to stay on a safe side choosing this to a jungle trip, but ultimately I really enjoyed it. It was like my introduction to Thai culture in a very entertaining and positive way. The show was impressive and the elephants in the show – majestic and just adorable. The place is definitely a must see when you're in Phuket.

#6 AdamWarren has been a member since 25/6/2015. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.