Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Looking for 1 more island to Ko Kradan...

• boleslav

Joined Travelfish
    30th August, 2009
    Total reviews: 5

After slots of reading we are set on the Ko Kradan island for few days.
    But still looking for one more island to visit in this area where one could enjoy the nature, walks, kayaking, not the crowds. Can you help me please?

#1 Posted: 24/9/2009 - 03:57

• Advertisement

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Places visited:
    At least 2

There are two islands very near Ko Kradan (Ngai and Muk). Muk had kayaks last time I was there are it's bigger so you could do some walking there too.

#2 Posted: 24/9/2009 - 06:14

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

I can't remember whether an earlier message from you said you were going before Tigerline kicks in. If so, Ngai or Muk are best choices. Muk has the most contrast to Kradan.

If after Tigerline has started, Ko Libong is another alternative. Real nice island with minimal tourist impact - I think all 3 resorts (Libong Beach, Le Dugon, Nature Resort) have kayaks - Nature has a rep for higher prices than the others.
    Libong is a bit of a hassle if Tigerline is not running - you will have to go back to Trang and out to Hat Yao pier.

Laoliang is next stop after Hat Yao pier on Tigerline (although you can spend some time at the pier swapping Tigerline boats if one is not on time) and has good snorkelling, great nature, climbing, kayaks - no walks.
    Big hassle to reach from Kradan if Tigerline aint running.

If you are heading back towards Krabi, Ko Jum is a nice possibility.

#3 Posted: 24/9/2009 - 08:58

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Can also do a boat trip out to Ko Rok...

#4 Posted: 24/9/2009 - 15:49

• boleslav

Joined Travelfish
    30th August, 2009

thank you!
    the Tigerline ferry starts on Dec 1st this year, and we plan to go in November.

#5 Posted: 24/9/2009 - 22:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Koh Kradan island, andaman sea, new resort ... By kalumevillage on 25 Nov 2008 0 2806 25 Nov 2008