Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

buses to trat

• SophieAlice-

Joined Travelfish
    11th August, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

Hello travel peeps,

I'm due to arrive in Suvanabhumi Airport at around 18.00 in early November and want to head straight to trat and then ko chang. Whats the best way to get there without too much hastle and avoiding central bangkok? (I do like Bangkok but prefer to avoid cities after 16 hour flights)

I've found a few options but I'm unsure if they are still in operation and if they are the easiest way.

From what I can gather the last bus from the airport bus station to trat is 18.30ish. Ive also noticed on a post (from 2007) that there is a bus from Suvanabhumi Airport to chanthaburi until 23.30 from which I could possibly get another bus on to trat.

I think there is also a bus from Ekamai bus station until 23.30 which takes 5 hours but Im unsure of how to get there from the airport...

Any info would be good, and also if anyone knows of reliable websites for bus times that would also be v useful.

Thanks again and happy travels!

#1 Posted: 24/9/2009 - 17:41

• Advertisement

• cybervlad

Click here to learn more about cybervlad
    Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2007
    Location Thailand

I am afraid, that there is no direct bus Suvarnabhumi-Trat (althougt I heard, that buses from Ekkamai sometimes go via airport to pick-up additional passengers if there are free places).
    But you can easily reach bus terminal without crossing owercrowded Krungthep Maha Nakhon (aka Bangkok) :)
    For example:
    1. Take shuttle bus from arival terminal to transport terminal
    2. Take bus 552 to On-NUT BTS station
    3. Proceed by BTS to Ekkamai bus terminal
    4. Take bus to Trat
    Information about bus public service at Suvarnabhumi airport can be found here.

#2 Posted: 24/9/2009 - 20:25

• cybervlad

Click here to learn more about cybervlad
    Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2007
    Location Thailand

Oops, forgot link to schedule:
    http://61.19.247.118/~transport/timetable03_east.php

#3 Posted: 24/9/2009 - 20:25

• SophieAlice-

Joined Travelfish
    11th August, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

Ok cool. Thanks for the info cybervlad!

#4 Posted: 25/9/2009 - 20:02

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Hi sophie, pack some earplugs as there was about 5 hrs of loud Thai music concert video happening when I used that bus in March. Enjoy your trip

#5 Posted: 26/9/2009 - 04:56

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Hi sophie, pack some earplugs as there was about 5 hrs of loud Thai music concert video happening when I used that bus in March. Enjoy your trip

#6 Posted: 26/9/2009 - 04:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.