Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Bangkok internation airport to Ban Phe by taxi

• Lizzie26

Joined Travelfish
    28th September, 2009

Any recommendations for a reasonably priced, comfortable trip return from Bangkok international airport to ferry for Ko Samet?

#1 Posted: 28/9/2009 - 18:20

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

For a taxi I'd guess you'd be looking at around 2,000B one way. I'd just get the airport bus to Ekamai bus station and get the bus to Ban Phe from there.

#2 Posted: 29/9/2009 - 07:10

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

how many people are in your group? if you are travelling by yourself, then i'd do what somtam suggested and go by bus from ekkamai. but if there are three or four of you, then the taxi ride might actually be a pretty good value at B2,000.

another factor might be what time of day you arrive. between getting through the airport, bus to ekkamai, and bus to ban phe, i'd guess it's at least six hours and likely more from the time you land until you reach ban phe.

the regular ferry boats often stop running at 5 or 6 pm. so if the time you'd save by taking a taxi could mean getting to ban phe and catch the ferry the same day, that might be worth it too. if you'd be arriving after the ferry stops running either way, then definitely just go with the bus.

did that make sense?

ban phe doesn't have all that much going on at night, but there is at least one good bar to hang out, and sometimes it is nice not to rush and just overnight at ban phe and get an early start to the island in the morning. there is usually a better selection of rooms in the morning too. regards.

#3 Posted: 29/9/2009 - 10:37

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Buses for Ban Phe and more often Rayong leave from the new airport's TRAVEL CENTER - which is about 2km from arrivals with frequent shuttle buses between.
    From alonside Rayong bus station there are frequent songthaews to Ban Phe which will drop you at the pier for Samet - about half an hour and maybe 30 baht.

This outfit has a car and driver from the Airport to Rayong/Samet for 2200.
    http://www.travelconnecxion.com/private_transfer_service_thailand.php

#4 Posted: 30/9/2009 - 19:20

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Places visited:
    At least 98

tezza,

do you have any more information about that direct bus from the airport to ban phe? i saw that there are buses to pattaya and nong khai, for example, but i couldn't find a schedule for a bus to ban phe.

i was hoping to take a similar bus from the airport to trat in december. it was listed as an option in a travelfish article a few years back, but i can't tell if these buses are still operating or not. thanks for your help.

#5 Posted: 1/10/2009 - 00:21

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006

exacto - The Transport Company which has the timetables for all the bus stations in Bangkok has changed its website and my links don't work anymore. It also now has Thai script on the home page, so even when someone put up the new link I couldn't figure where to click on the page to get the airport transport center. Trial and error could have found it but there are a lot of things to click on that page and I was too lazy.

Maybe there are no direct Ban Phe buses now - but certainly there will be Rayong and it's so simple to get from Rayong to the Samet pier.

#6 Posted: 1/10/2009 - 10:49

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Places visited:
    At least 98

ta.

if you've wanted to post that new link with the Thai script, i could sort it out. cheers.

#7 Posted: 1/10/2009 - 11:31

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006

#8 Posted: 2/10/2009 - 20:15

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
sharing a taxi from Bangkok airport ... By joanne1981 on 20 Nov 2010 0 1587 20 Nov 2010
Taxi share- Bangkok airport to Koh Chang ferry pier ... By Chasm on 29 Oct 2012 0 1590 29 Oct 2012