Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Krabi or Phi Phi and Khao yai....

Posted by NewbieC on 8/10/2009 at 13:54

Hello

We're going to be in Thailand for about 12 days (mid to end of Feb) at the beginning of our trip of SE Asia.

For about 6 days would you recommend going to Phi Phi and staying there or rather going to Krabi and doing day trips from there (we want to do relaxing on the beach and also some activities)??

Also is Khao Yai Park worth a visit and if so how long do you reckon.

Wow...I'm SO excited - don't know how I'm going to last till Feb!

Thanks guys

#1 NewbieC has been a member since 15/9/2009. Posts: 11

Posted by somtam2000 on 8/10/2009 at 15:27 admin

I'd lean towards picking one island and sticking with it -- if Ko Phi Phi fits the bill for what interests you, then I'd go with that -- it is certainly a more spectacular spot to stay than Krabi town and you can still do a few boat trips -- eg to Phi Phi Leh or just around the isalnd beach hopping.

Khao Yai: Ahhhh Unless you really want delve into the park deep, two days, one night is enough for most.

More questions, ask away!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by sidewinder on 8/10/2009 at 16:24

Krabi is a nice town but personally I'd rather stay in the rather more beautiful Phi Phi and take trips from there.

#3 sidewinder has been a member since 11/4/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 57
 Twitter   Instagram 

Posted by NewbieC on 8/10/2009 at 17:12

Thanks so much...made up my mind on that one....

you shouldn't have said more questions....opened up a flood gate...

1.) So then we'll probably send a night or two in Phuket (as flying into there from Bangkok) and then go to Phi Phi - I've read it might be better to book accomodation for Phi Phi before - do you agree? (based on Travel fish probably Tropical Garden Bungalows)

2.) We really want to do the Gibbon experience but it seems to take so long to get there and to get to Luang Prabang after (we were planning on flying from Bangkok to Luang Prabang). What would be the quickest way to get from Bangkok to Huay Xai and the quickest way from Huay Xai to Luang Prabang (we do have some budget for flying)

Thanks a mill (again)

#4 NewbieC has been a member since 15/9/2009. Posts: 11

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.