Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Krabi or Phi Phi and Khao yai....

• NewbieC

Joined Travelfish
    15th September, 2009

Hello

We're going to be in Thailand for about 12 days (mid to end of Feb) at the beginning of our trip of SE Asia.

For about 6 days would you recommend going to Phi Phi and staying there or rather going to Krabi and doing day trips from there (we want to do relaxing on the beach and also some activities)??

Also is Khao Yai Park worth a visit and if so how long do you reckon.

Wow...I'm SO excited - don't know how I'm going to last till Feb!

Thanks guys

#1 Posted: 8/10/2009 - 13:54

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I'd lean towards picking one island and sticking with it -- if Ko Phi Phi fits the bill for what interests you, then I'd go with that -- it is certainly a more spectacular spot to stay than Krabi town and you can still do a few boat trips -- eg to Phi Phi Leh or just around the isalnd beach hopping.

Khao Yai: Ahhhh Unless you really want delve into the park deep, two days, one night is enough for most.

More questions, ask away!

#2 Posted: 8/10/2009 - 15:27

• sidewinder

Joined Travelfish
    11th April, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 7

Krabi is a nice town but personally I'd rather stay in the rather more beautiful Phi Phi and take trips from there.

#3 Posted: 8/10/2009 - 16:24

• NewbieC

Joined Travelfish
    15th September, 2009

Thanks so much...made up my mind on that one....

you shouldn't have said more questions....opened up a flood gate...

1.) So then we'll probably send a night or two in Phuket (as flying into there from Bangkok) and then go to Phi Phi - I've read it might be better to book accomodation for Phi Phi before - do you agree? (based on Travel fish probably Tropical Garden Bungalows)

2.) We really want to do the Gibbon experience but it seems to take so long to get there and to get to Luang Prabang after (we were planning on flying from Bangkok to Luang Prabang). What would be the quickest way to get from Bangkok to Huay Xai and the quickest way from Huay Xai to Luang Prabang (we do have some budget for flying)

Thanks a mill (again)

#4 Posted: 8/10/2009 - 17:12

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Krabi-Khao Lak-Khao Sok by public transport ... By McCaskell on 6 Oct 2007 11 13521 3 Apr 2012