Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

NYE FMP Koh Phangan which beach

• jodie6104

Joined Travelfish
    8th October, 2009

My husband and I are planning to go to the FMP this NYE. We have been advised three beaches to stay on: Haad Yao(west), Haad Salad and Thong Nai Pan Noi.

Which is best? we want somewhere pretty chilled, with good food and nice places to stay (it is our honeymoon so any suggestions welcome for up to 3000 Baht a night) but with not too tricky access to the FMP

Many thanks

#1 Posted: 8/10/2009 - 18:36

• Advertisement

• greenman42

Joined Travelfish
    18th September, 2009

With your budget you should have a lot of nice places to choose from. It doesn't really matter where you stay, transport to the party will not be a problem.
    Leela beach is really nice, but maybe a little close to Haad Rin to Honeymoon, congratulations! I like Baan Thai, and will probably stay there again, I'll also be there for New years.
    Read this story if you want to get a few more choices http://www.travelfish.org/feature/17

#2 Posted: 8/10/2009 - 22:47

• greenman42

Joined Travelfish
    18th September, 2009

This one is worth a read too.
    http://www.travelfish.org/feature/45

#3 Posted: 8/10/2009 - 22:56

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

I stayed on Hat Salad in August and revisited the other two.
    Salad is the nicest beach IMHO, but the others aint shabby.
    Biggest selection of accommodation, restaurants, bars etc is Yao, followed by TNP Noi and then Salad, which is not lacking.
    Beaches are about equal, best snorkelling probably Salad, deepest water low tide for swimming TNP Noi.
    Easiest to access the FMP from is Yao, but Salad is only about 2km further. TNP Noi is probably a bit closer, but the road is much rougher - good roads from Yao and Salad.
    I stayed at Cookies on Salad, real nice place with stunning views, pool, good restaurant - easily meets your budget.

#4 Posted: 9/10/2009 - 18:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
phangan beach resort,ban tai ,koh phangan ... By phanganbeachresort on 19 Mar 2007 0 1857 19 Mar 2007